IDMS

View Only
  • 1.  Support Lifecycle and Critical patches

Posted Feb 06, 2020 10:41 AM
    I am not sure how to find IDMS critical patches and security patch announcements on the Broadcom site.

Can I also subscribe to Security Patch announcements?

Paul

• 2.  RE: Support Lifecycle and Critical patches

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 06, 2020 11:16 AM
    Hi - 

You asked how to do a few things; I'll try to address each one in turn. To download solutions, and especially critical fixes, there's more than one way; these steps are (I believe) the fastest: 

• First go to the Broadcom site https://support.broadcom.com/ and sign in;
    • On that page, choose "Mainframe Software".
    • On the page that pops up, choose "Downloads" from the menu bar across the top of the page. It will present you with a "Search Your Product" window, key in "IDMS". That will show a couple of options; choose "IDMS".
    • That takes you to a page with two main tabs: Product Downloads" and "Solution Downloads". Choose "Solution Downloads".
    • This page contains a number of products and releases. Page through them until you find the one that matches your release and operating system. For most folks, that will be "CA IDMS/DB MVS" and release 19.0. If you click on that release, you'll see a list of PTFs that have been published for the product & release you choose. There's a column that says "Hiper". Critical patches will have a little bell symbol in that column.
    • If you prefer, on this page you can search the solutions with the keyword "Hiper". That will show only the ones marked with the Hiper alarm bell.
    • You can download patches individually, or add them to your cart and download them as a group.

To find Product News and Announcements:

• First go to the Broadcom site https://support.broadcom.com/ and\ sign in;
    • On that page, choose "Mainframe Software".
    • On that page, key in "IDMS" for the product search. That will pop up several options, choose "CA IDMS". That will take you to this page: https://support.broadcom.com/mainframe-software/product-page.html?productName=CA%20IDMS
    • On that page are two main tabs – "What's New" & "Support". The "What's New" tab should have all major announcements, including links to Product Releases, Lifecycles, a Maintenance Grid with lists of Aggregate maintenance for each release, etc.

To get announcements of critical fixes, product updates, etc:

• Log onto the support site as outlined above.
    • On the top menu bar, choose "My Tools"; then from the pop-up menu, choose "Subscriptions".
    • This will present you with a list of products. Scroll down to "IDMS", and check the appropriate boxes for whatever you want notifications of. The options are "Critical Alerts", "Advisory", and "Product Updates".
    • Then scroll all the way to the bottom and hit "Submit". You should see a message saying "Your Request has been submitted successfully".
    • To ensure that your notifications go to the right place, you may want to click on your name in the upper right-hand corner, and choose "My Profile". Ensure that your correct email is associated with your account.
    I hope this addresses your questions. If I misunderstood what you're after or if the above is not clear, post an update and I (or someone else) can try to clarify. Best wishes, Cal

------------------------------
    Cal Domingue
    Principal Software Engineer
    CA Broadcom
    San Francisco, CA
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Support Lifecycle and Critical patches

Posted Feb 06, 2020 12:41 PM

Thanks, Cal. That is exactly what I needed. I was not signed up for any email notifications. 

I also got the listing of the hiper fixes for our 18.5 install so I know where we stand.