Broadcom Mainframe Software Community

View Only
  • 1.  Broadcom Support Portal Enhancements coming January 17, 2020

Community Manager
    Posted Jan 14, 2020 11:32 AM

We are pleased to announce we are enhancing our Online Support Portal to integrate Broadcom's support divisions to create a common support portal across all Broadcom Business Units (BUs) while providing user and technology enhancements to deliver an improved customer experience. These enhancements and changes will be rolled out in the following phases

• Phase 1 (January 17th, 2020): Update the Broadcom Support Portal User Interface to give all Broadcom BU's a common look and feel.
    • Phase 2 (March 2020): Symantec support division will be integrated into the Broadcom Support Portal along with additional feature enhancements.
    • Phase 3 (Summer 2020): Additional User Enhancements – to be announced.
    To see more details on these changes, please visit: https://casupport.broadcom.com/broadcom-updates.html

------------------------------
    Lenn Thompson
    Community Manager, Mainframe Division
    Broadcom Inc.
    lenn.thompson@broadcom.com

• 2.  RE: Broadcom Support Portal Enhancements coming January 17, 2020

Posted Jan 16, 2020 04:39 AM
    Edited by GARY DONOGHUE Jan 16, 2020 04:39 AM
    Hi Lenn,

Many thanks for this encouraging update on the BC support portal. Can I ask, regarding 'phase 3' for some possible elaboration on the context of the user enhancements referenced: which forum or mechanism were these obtained from and is it envisaged that this will be an ongoing process of user engagement for improving the present Broadcom support portal offering and, if so, what form will that process take? I was involved with a previous customer/vendor initiative within CA a few years ago and many of the suggestions and recommendations were not acted upon much to that group's disappointment - though I believe the BC takeover clearly played a part in any additional improvements being actioned at the time. 

Be interested in your thoughts. 

Many Thanks

Gary

Senior Consultant/Developer
    Information Engineering Technology

• 3.  RE: Broadcom Support Portal Enhancements coming January 17, 2020

Posted Jan 21, 2020 01:30 PM
    Hi Lenn,

Just an update that I tried to use case management in the new consistent user interface (much better already btw) but unfortunately that option just returns you immediately to the initial welcome screen - reattempting the request just opens a new welcome screen window. I assume this is only a temporary issue as I am sure others would be complaining if not. 

Many Thanks

Gary

• 4.  RE: Broadcom Support Portal Enhancements coming January 17, 2020

Community Manager
    Posted Jan 23, 2020 07:26 AM

Thanks for letting us know @GARY DONOGHUE

@Heena Tabassum and @Gregory Kelly -- have you seen this happening?​

​​

Lenn Thompson
    Community Manager, Mainframe Division
    Broadcom Inc.
    lenn.thompson@broadcom.com

• 5.  RE: Broadcom Support Portal Enhancements coming January 17, 2020

Posted Jan 23, 2020 12:58 PM
    Hi Lenn,

I guess it was a transitonal issue to do with the new interface as the case management link now navigates to the 'old' Wolken issues list correctly. Consider this issue resolved now. Many Thanks. Gary.