Broadcom Mainframe Software Community

View Only
  • 1.  [REPLAY] Discover How to Create Mainframe APIs in Minutes

Community Manager
    Posted Nov 06, 2019 11:56 AM
    This video is a replay of our August 29, 2019 Broadcom Communities webcast of the same name. 

Thinking about APIs is the logical first step in an enterprise's digital transformation journey. APIs are synonymous to the integration of legacy systems with the modern cloud. Live API Creator, Broadcom's API and Integration technology, enables its users to:

• Create APIs for existing assets (DB2, IDMS, Datacom, SQL Server, Oracle, and many others)
    • Integrate data across disparate data sources- SQL/NoSQL, Cloud/On-prem, Mainframes/Distributed
    • Implement custom integration requirements with speed and agility: point and click, low-code

You can watch the replay here: https://register.gotowebinar.com/recording/3711620703547103496

------------------------------
    Lenn Thompson
    Community Manager, Mainframe Division
    Broadcom Inc.
    lenn.thompson@broadcom.com

• 2.  RE: [REPLAY] Discover How to Create Mainframe APIs in Minutes

Posted Nov 07, 2019 08:55 AM
    Hi Len,

Interesting stuff.  Has any thought been given to allow for the execution of APIs from within an Endevor Processor?

Thanks,
    Janet Spears

• 3.  RE: [REPLAY] Discover How to Create Mainframe APIs in Minutes

Community Manager
    Posted Nov 07, 2019 08:58 AM
    Great question, @Janet Spears.

@Vaughn Marshall or @Renu.Motwani are better equipped to answer. What do you think?​​​

Lenn Thompson
    Broadcom Inc.

• 4.  RE: [REPLAY] Discover How to Create Mainframe APIs in Minutes

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 07, 2019 01:40 PM

Hi Janet,

I'm assuming you mean a utility to call REST APIs specifically.  If so, we haven't got anything like that on our roadmap.  It might be worth creating an Ideation to see if other customers would be interested.

Thanks!

Vaughn

• 5.  RE: [REPLAY] Discover How to Create Mainframe APIs in Minutes

Posted Nov 07, 2019 10:06 AM
    ​Are there any demonstration videos of someone accessing an IDMS network database via this API?   For instance the EMPLOYEE demo network database - accessed via SQL schema ?

• 6.  RE: [REPLAY] Discover How to Create Mainframe APIs in Minutes

Posted Nov 07, 2019 12:18 PM

I don't have much experience when it comes to the technique of using relational SQL commands to access legacy IDMS network-based database records/fields as  tables/columns. However, I have done a few things which help me to think a logical way to integrate into the general purpose API world – especially for Retrieval-only access - would be using an SQL Schema which was generated simply by pointing at a Network Schema counterpart. Also with release 19.0 of IDMS it is possible even to walk SETs and do updates (often without using IDMS-Specific SQL syntax which is a superset of ANSI) at least that is my understanding - and I have tested a limited amount of such after watching a couple of CA-IDMS Videos, which is why I asked about any demo's like that using the API tool.

-Dennis

• 7.  RE: [REPLAY] Discover How to Create Mainframe APIs in Minutes

Community Manager
    Posted Nov 08, 2019 02:10 PM
    @Dennis Warren -- this replay of a webcast from early this year might help actually: https://register.gotowebinar.com/recording/5954464990335940621
     ​

Lenn Thompson
    Broadcom Inc.