Broadcom Mainframe Software Community

View Only
  • 1.  Monday Check-in: What do you want more of in the CA Mainframe Software Communities?

Community Manager
    Posted Nov 04, 2019 12:52 PM

Good afternoon, everyone and happy Monday. I want to keep this short and sweet this week. 

As I work with the various teams here in the mainframe division about our communities plans for 2020, I'd love to hear from you – our users. 

What do you want more of? 

What could you do without?

Any and all feedback is welcome. 

------------------------------
    Lenn Thompson
    Community Manager, Mainframe Division
    Broadcom Inc.
    lenn.thompson@broadcom.com

• 2.  RE: Monday Check-in: What do you want more of in the CA Mainframe Software Communities?

Posted Nov 05, 2019 01:39 AM
    Good morning and happy Tuesday :-)

I'd be interested in reading about the strategies that are used to run various mainframe enterprises, with less emphasis on the specific program products that are used.

For example, I am curious to learn what kind of applications do enterprise still develop on mainframes, if at all? In my enterprise, a financial firm, all new developments occur on open platforms, with an EAI hub being used to access legacy transactions on the mainframe. Is that happenning everywhere?

• 3.  RE: Monday Check-in: What do you want more of in the CA Mainframe Software Communities?

Community Manager
    Posted Nov 08, 2019 10:53 AM
    @YOHAI BEN-AMI: Thank you for the feedback. I'm working with the team to pull together some content and information to address this for you. Stay tuned!​

Lenn Thompson
    Community Manager, Mainframe Division
    Broadcom Inc.
    lenn.thompson@broadcom.com

• 4.  RE: Monday Check-in: What do you want more of in the CA Mainframe Software Communities?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 11, 2019 09:15 AM
      |   view attached
    Hi Lenn,

On the same subject as mentioned previously:
    What is the mainframe role on the modern IT?
    What other mainframe customers are doing to support business?

The attached article "Intellyx - Will mobile development bring mainframe development to the mainstream" brings an interesting aspect of the mainframe development and its need to become agile.

An also, the coming event, "Building the Business Case for Mainframe Transformation"
    (https://community.broadcom.com/mainframesoftware/events/event-description?CalendarEventKey=9e73d5d5-d087-448d-8d34-2a300493187e&CommunityKey=c581dd20-140f-4708-b335-eaacc07d6802&Home=%2Fmainframesoftware%2Fevents%2Fevent-description)
    based on the IDC Analyst Report - The Business Value of the Transformative Mainframe, can enrich the discussion.

Best regards,
    Antonio Couto

Sr. Consultant
    Broadcom