Broadcom Mainframe Software Community

View Only
  • 1.  New Broadcom Documentation Platform

Community Manager
    Posted Sep 25, 2019 11:20 AM
    As part of Broadcom's acquisition of CA Technologies, all CA product documentation available on docops.ca.com is moving to a new customer documentation platform -- TechDocs.Broadcom.com.

You can view doc content anonymously or login with your Broadcom Login seamlessly, and you will find the same features with which you were familiar on docops in the new site, but with a different look and feel. Bookmark it as your new home page for all CA Mainframe Product Documentation.

The new doc platform remains a work-in-progress: over 100 Mainframe products are available on it today, while the remainder of products you select will redirect you to DocOps until they are available on the new platform. Additional features such as commenting and enhanced on-demand PDF will be coming in the next months. 

We appreciate your patience as we continue to move to the new product documentation platform and continually enhance it for you, our customers.

------------------------------
    Lenn Thompson
    Community Manager, Mainframe Division
    Broadcom Inc.
    lenn.thompson@broadcom.com

• 2.  RE: New Broadcom Documentation Platform

Posted Oct 22, 2019 09:51 AM
    I don't know if I am the only one who feels this way, but the documentation platform has felt rushed and incomplete since the move to the Broadcom based support portal. At first, it really didn't work at all. You had to go to the old url and use your old password. I recently discovered that I can no longer create and download pdfs of selected portions of the documentation. Our auditors and  my management do not want common users to see installation, systems programmer, and security definition information. This loss is unacceptable.

• 3.  RE: New Broadcom Documentation Platform
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 22, 2019 11:15 AM
    Hi, Jeffery.  You're correct on both counts: you're not the only one who feels this way, and per-section or custom-section PDFs that were available in CA DocOps is not currently available in the new Broadcom Tech Docs site. Because we know the many reasons customers counted on that feature, some of which you describe, we are currently working on providing per-section PDFs again in this new platform. I don't have a timeline but yet but can tell you it's being vigorously pursued, so stay tuned. We appreciate your patience with the 'work-in-progress' known as Tech Docs.

• 4.  RE: New Broadcom Documentation Platform

Posted Oct 23, 2019 03:02 AM
    Hi Jeffrey,

I just wanted to support your comments regarding the loss of selective PDF extraction and to reassure that you are not alone. It is, as you say, a significant downgrade on the previous functionality and, in a situation where large documents are concerned (CA Gen - 8000+ pages), quite unwieldy. I have raised this issue on a separate CF (CA Gen) recently and similarly been assured that this ability will be restored although, as reiterated below, no timeline is presently stated. Hopefully soon! 

Kindest Regards

Gary Donoghue

Senior Consultant/Developer
    Information Engineering Technology