Db2 Tools

View Only
  • 1.  Running multiple versions of CA Database management solutions for z/OS parallelly

Posted Aug 05, 2019 09:26 AM
    Hi,
    I am planning to run multiple versions of CA Database management solutions for z/OS in parallel

How to manage the PTDB tables ? I am able to change the plans to reflect the new version of the tool but i am unable to find anywhere in documentation on what changes need to be done with tables
    Will the same tables be shared between the versions ?
    Or will new ones be created? If yes, which job tables care of it ?

Please advise.

Regards
    Eswar

• 2.  RE: Running multiple versions of CA Database management solutions for z/OS parallelly
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 05, 2019 01:49 PM
    Hello Eswar,

In most cases the PTDB tables will be shared between multiple releases.  Depending on the release there could be a new tables created but generally
    speaking new columns would be added to existing tables and multiple release will reference the same tables.  This is done via the Post Install jobs under
    INSMAIN / 3 Tasks - Execute DB2 catalog customization tasks:

Compare DB2 Objects (ssid0000)  
    Create Required DB2 Objects (ssid0001)

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,
    Matt Krumholz

• 3.  RE: Running multiple versions of CA Database management solutions for z/OS parallelly

Posted Aug 16, 2019 04:30 AM

Hello Eswar.

May you share the reason to do that?

Is it only the need to do so, or do you have advantages, that are interesting for the folks here?

regards michael

• 4.  RE: Running multiple versions of CA Database management solutions for z/OS parallelly

Posted Aug 16, 2019 05:03 AM
    Hi,
    I had a strict timeline and no outage. I wanted to do it on a weekday and during that time, no recycle of the started tasks was possible
    So i did this alternate batch option
    It is a temporary solution to have 2 versions run in parallel so that all issues can be sorted out before changing to the new set of libraries 

Regards
    Eswar