Db2 Tools

View Only
  • 1.  Sysview batch report

Posted Apr 29, 2020 09:44 AM
    Is there an batch report writer option similar to R/HTLIST Thread History List i.e. online thread history panel in CA Sysview?

The HTLIST panel shows threads with location name and prod id

None of the sysview batch report has the ability to produce such report

Is Sysview not designed for handling such batch reports?

• 2.  RE: Sysview batch report

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 05, 2020 11:42 AM
    If you are referring to the data contained in the SYSVIEW display:

DBTHACT, DB2 Active Threads

There is no out of the box report for this and it would need to be an enhancement request.

------------------------------
    Robert Brandl
    Software Support Engineer, Team SYSVIEW
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: Sysview batch report

Posted May 06, 2020 07:22 AM
    This is about CA SYSVIEW for DB2 previously packaged in the name of CA Insight

I'm interested in generating an distributed thread activity report using CA Sysview for db2 batch report writer

In THstSel1 – Thread History Selection screen, I specify the date and plan then PF5 gets to R/HTLIST – Thread History List, displaying thread history, for db2 distributed threads the workstation name, product id, et al are shown

What I'm trying to do is find an Sysview for db2 Batch report that is similar to R/HTLIST – Thread History List

I've looked through Sysview for db2 batch report writer, the closest one appears to be BTSTATR3 – Distributed Activity by Remote Location Report, this is based on statistics trace data not accounting and hence not really usable

Accounting trace data provides the desired output displayed in R/HTLIST – Thread History List

With IBM Db2 performance monitor tool, such reports are inbuilt and out of the box customization is not required; same with third party vendor like BMC

Generally, batch reports to review system activity and distributed thread activity is an must have report in data analytics world

I'm not seeking any out of the box product enhancement

• 4.  RE: Sysview batch report

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 06, 2020 10:45 AM
    Hello Abc Xyz,

This thread should be opened under the Db2 Tools community and not the SYSVIEW community.
    From the Broadcom Communities page hover over the Communities link and select the Mainframe Software community.
    There is a Db2 Tools button under the Mainframe Product Communities.
    The BTSTATR3 report that you mentioned is owned by CA DATABASE MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS FOR DB2

Robert Brandl
    Software Support Engineer, Team SYSVIEW
    Broadcom

• 5.  RE: Sysview batch report

Community Manager
    Posted May 06, 2020 11:31 AM
    I was able to move this thread into the Db2 Tools Community.

@Robert Brandl Jr -- do you know who in Db2 Support we should reach out to?​

Lenn Thompson
    Community Manager, Mainframe Division
    Broadcom Inc.
    lenn.thompson@broadcom.com

• 6.  RE: Sysview batch report

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 06, 2020 12:41 PM
    Hi,

This is the community for SYSVIEW and SYSVIEW for DB2 Tools has its own link - here's the link to access the same.

Product Owner
    Broadcom

• 7.  RE: Sysview batch report

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 06, 2020 12:41 PM
    I have SYSVIEW for DB2 reports based on your requirements. Please send me an email and we can review your requirements in more detail.

Jim Endler

Sr Principal Consultant, Technical Consulting
    IBM Certified Database Administrator – DB2 11 DBA for z/OS
    Broadcom Inc.
    9815 David Taylor Dr. | Charlotte, NC 28262
    Mobile: +1 713 703 5888 | Jim.Endler@Broadcom.com

• 8.  RE: Sysview batch report

Posted May 07, 2020 07:31 AM
    My requirement is to report db2 distributed thread activity using sysview for db2 either with data collector data or accounting records captured by sysview for db2

The report is to contain userid, requestor location [IP address], product id of client [like SQL09075 or JCC03640]

In a nutshell, the report should be similar to Thread History List screen (sysview for db2) with the above mentioned columns

• 9.  RE: Sysview batch report

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 07, 2020 08:16 AM
    Edited by Aysen Svoboda May 07, 2020 08:16 AM
    Hello Abc, 

I am Product Owner for SYSVIEW for Db2, 

I think we are already in touch with you through e-mail (Or one of your colleages). If not could yu please drop me an e-mail, so that we can help you? 

aysen.solak@broadcom.com 

Our team and Jim can help you with adaptation of the online report as a Batch report. 

Regards 

Aysen Solak 

Aysen Solak
    Product Owner for SYSVIEW for Db2