Db2 Tools

View Only
  • 1.  Upcoming Ideas Process Changes

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 16, 2021 09:18 AM

Ideas Process 

Announcement of Product-Specific Improvements 

Hi Db2 Tools community, 

You may have noticed a recent announcement in the Broadcom Mainframe Software  Community about improving the Community Ideas process (link HERE).  

Here's what you can expect from Db2 Tools

• We will check for new ideas monthly and share new ideas in this community. 
    • We will have no more than 40 open ideas in each of our 4 Ideas categories so it's clear to you what is in the top priority.
      • Our Ideas Categories are: Db2 Admin Tools, Db2 Performance Tools, Db2 Recovery Tools, Db2 Utilities Tools, Db2 Report Facility
    • We have some cleanup to do to get us down to 40 open ideas in each category. We will finish the cleanup  phase by June 30, 2021.  

Here's what I need from you: 

• When you submit an idea, include your problem and a clear business value in the idea  description. Don't just say what you need, include the "why". 
    • Also VOTE for ideas that will help your business.  

Sincerely, 

Andrew Badgley

------------------------------
    Lead Product Owner - CA Db2 Tools
    Broadcom

• 2.  RE: Upcoming Ideas Process Changes

Posted Apr 02, 2021 12:15 AM
    will this new process still go thru the community idiation process?
    into what catagory will ideas that cross all products elong (such as maintenace related ideas)

Thank you
    Chris Hoelscher - Lead Database Admin - IBM GTS

• 3.  RE: Upcoming Ideas Process Changes

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 05, 2021 01:33 PM
    Hi Chris,

This process is the new Community Ideation, now Ideas, process.

For Ideas that are more Db2 Tools specific in nature I'd say put them into any of the 4 available Db2 Tools categories.  If we get a lot of ideas that fall into this category we will look into creating a Db2 Tools specific category and recategorize them.

I'm looking forward to your ideas Chris.  I know you already have several out there,

Andy

Lead Product Owner
    Broadcom