Db2 Tools

View Only
  • 1.  CREATE INDEX with "EXCLUDE NULL KEYS" option

Posted Jun 11, 2020 11:55 AM
    Can RC/Update add in an option for the "EXCLUDE NULL KEYS" option when creating an Index?   

I just tried to use RC/Update to create and index with the "EXCLUDE NULL KEYS" option and could not see how to specify it.  Of course, I could edit the generated DDL to add this statement and complete my work.  You can see this value in RC/Query via the Sparse field. 

Thanks,

Jeff

------------------------------
    Db2 for z/OS Automation DBA
    Ensono

• 2.  RE: CREATE INDEX with "EXCLUDE NULL KEYS" option

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 16, 2020 10:15 AM
    Greetings Jeff,
    Thanks for the thought and appreciated. 
    At the moment, RC/Update (and RC/Migrator and RC/Compare) supports the EXCLUDE NULL KEYS by generating the CREATE INDEX DDL when the index was created with EXCLUDE NULL KEYS only. Making the panel changes in order to have the ability to create the index with EXCLUDE NULL KEYS is in our thoughts and we will be implementing it sooner. We will keep you posted as soon as it is started. 
    Thanks again!

Srinivas Adupa (Srinivas.adupa@broadcom.com)
    Product Owner
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: CREATE INDEX with "EXCLUDE NULL KEYS" option

Posted Jun 16, 2020 12:49 PM

Srinivas,

Thanks for the information on current functionality and future plans.  This sounds fine to me.

Jeff Gross

Db2 Logical DBA, Global Technical Services

Ensono.com

© 2020 Ensono, LP. All rights reserved. Ensono is a trademark of Ensono, LP. The information contained in this communication is confidential, is intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and may be legally privileged. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please resend this communication to the sender and delete the original message or any copy of it from your computer system.