Db2 Tools

View Only
  • 1.  log analyzer

Posted Dec 03, 2018 07:07 AM
    Edited by Jason McClellan Oct 24, 2023 01:34 PM
    We are starting a Project of Big Data. For this, we need pass a lot of modified datas to ETL.
    Run log analyzer with TYPE(IMAGECOPY) result very expensive in elapsed and CPU. 

ETL only needs extract the data just as the DB2 registers it in the log, without expand to totality of record.

Can Log Analyzer realize this extract without fase ICOPY?. TYPE (DETAIL) acts more or less like that, but it does not know how to solve compressed logs.

Edited per request by @Jason McClellan  Platform Admin

• 2.  Re: log analyzer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 03, 2018 10:32 AM

HI Miquel in answer to your question:

"Can Log Analyzer realize this extract without fase ICOPY?. TYPE (DETAIL) acts more or less like that, but it does not know how to solve compressed logs."

It depends on the compressed data. If you run Log Analyzer with KEEPDICTIONARY (Y), (in your PLA member of CDBAPARM), then you can run Log Analyzer with  DMLREPT  = (LEVEL    (DETAIL).  Log Analyzer will need IMAGCOPY level of detail if PLA can't decompress the table from the Tablespace Compression Dictionary, that's when you'll have to run PLA with IMAGCOPY level of Detail.  If you have any problems, open a Log Analyzer case for review. 

Robert Lee 

• 3.  Re: log analyzer

Posted Dec 04, 2018 11:18 AM
    Edited by Jason McClellan Oct 24, 2023 01:36 PM

Hi Robert,

I had changed KEEPDICTIONARY to Y, but the result is not positive. Almost all updates has been discarted.   

Neither JOB (dynamic allocation) nor Insight trace does'nt shows any access to tablespace in order to read dictionary pages. How I can prove what PLA has try to read this pages?.  Has PLA any debugger o verbose statement? 

Edited per request by @Jason McClellan  Platform Admin

• 4.  Re: log analyzer
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 04, 2018 11:25 AM

Hello Miquel Angel, 

My name is Josep Raull and I work with CA DB2 Tools support in 'CA Technologies A Broadcom Company' in Barcelona office. I will call you to open a Case in CA Support and follow up your questions. 

Thanks. 

Josep Raull

CA DB2 Tools L1 Support

• 5.  Re: log analyzer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 04, 2018 11:28 AM

Hi Miquel, in answer to your question

"How I can prove what PLA has try to read this pages?.  Has PLA any debugger o verbose statement?"

Answer: 

Currently there is no debugger for Log Analyzer to prove it read the pages. If PLA discards the rows, it may be due to not having Data Capture Changes. The complete row is not in the DB2 Logs, You'll have to use Image Copy Level of Detail to get the complete row.

Robert Lee