Db2 Tools

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Does the RAF function in Sysview for DB2 R19/R20 no longer require the Log Mode Table (MODETAB) defined in Vtam?

• 1.  Does the RAF function in Sysview for DB2 R19/R20 no longer require the Log Mode Table (MODETAB) defined in Vtam?

Posted Mar 27, 2018 01:35 PM

The reason I am asking is I am working with a client to implement r20 Sysview for DB2. Their Vtam sysprog was pointed to the sample members in the SOURCE product dataset, one of which is the RAFUIAPP member. The syntax in that member does not match the syntax listed in the documentation. Specifically, the sample syntax in RAFUIAPP contains the  DLOGMODE and MODETAB operands, which are missing from the syntax example in the r20 documentation. I also noticed that the IDB2LTBL member is still in the SOURCE dataset. 

So is the mistake in the RAFUIAPP member, or the product documentation? Either way, the doc and the samples should be in sync.

• 2.  Re: Does the RAF function in Sysview for DB2 R19/R20 no longer require the Log Mode Table (MODETAB) defined in Vtam?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 29, 2018 10:34 AM

Thank you for bringing to our attention the mismatch between the .SOURCE examples and the documentation.  You will want to use the examples found in the .SOURCE library which do specify the DLOGMODE and MODETAB parameters.

• 3.  Re: Does the RAF function in Sysview for DB2 R19/R20 no longer require the Log Mode Table (MODETAB) defined in Vtam?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 17, 2018 09:48 AM

Thank you Mike and James,

The VTAM (RAF) article was updated.

Please reach out to me at any time for any Sysview for DB2 doc enhancements.

Kind regards,

Tomaz Kranjc