CA Mainframe Software Manager

Tech Tip: CSM How can I use my existing CSIs and SMPE files and associate those to the new product name ?

• 1.  Tech Tip: CSM How can I use my existing CSIs and SMPE files and associate those to the new product name ?

Posted 04-30-2019 11:38 AM

Question: 

The name of the product package changed after I originally installed the product and when my CSI's were created.

How do I apply maintenance to my existing CSIs and SMP/E files and associate those to the new product name?

Answer:

There is nothing extra that you need to do to use all of your existing CSIs and SMP/E files.
    You will acquire the maintenance under the new product name and because the FMIDs within the packages are the same under both product names. 

To see what CSI's have FMIDs that match the desired product maintenance follow these steps:

(1). From the Products Tab, find the desired product name and click the release.
    Returned is all the maintenance for this particular product release. 

(2). Under the PTFs listed, you will find a section called Related SMP/E Environment Section

Here you will see all of the CSI's that contain a FMID that matches the product and release that you have selected. 

For example: 

User-added image   

Managing SMP/E Environments in CA CSM First Edition