MICS

View Only
  • 1.  MICS clients using CA SMF DIRECTOR with MICS interface activated?

Posted Oct 08, 2009 09:21 AM
    Hello - I am curious if any MICS clients have licensed CA SMF DIRECTOR and have successfully implemented the MICS interface?   I will report back to this list after getting the product implemented and "talking" to MICS, regardless.  Thanks,  Scott BarrySBBWorks, Inc.  

• 2.  Re: MICS clients using CA SMF DIRECTOR with MICS interface activated?

Posted Dec 16, 2009 09:43 AM
    Hi Scott,We have several customers that have implemented CA SMF Director input into MICS. The interface seems to be fairly easy. We haven't taken too many questions on implementation. Let us know your experience once you implement.  Thanks, Vickie  

• 3.  Re: MICS clients using CA SMF DIRECTOR with MICS interface activated?

Posted Jan 16, 2018 10:52 AM

At one site we support, it's been quite successful (now since 2011 time-period in production) with using the MICS / SMF DIRECTOR interface along with the MICS INCREMENTAL UPDATE (INCRUPDT) facility to process RMF, SMF, CICS, DB2 (those large-volume data or popular use) components throughout the day.  

Do consider that the MICS typical time-span database files are always available while INCRUPDT is running -- that is sometimes misunderstood.

The primary benefit here is to distribute the MICS "database update" processing throughout the day in increments, rather than expecting all processing to occur during the overnight-batch time-period.

Also, note that SAS 9.4 TS1M5 introduces a DATA step / INFILE processing performance gain, where OPTIONS FILEBUFNO=nn|5  allows sites to increase BUFNO (input/output) processing for dynamically-allocated sequential datasets.  Previous to SAS 9.4 TS1M4, the DATA step BUFNO (when dynamically-allocated) forced a BUFNO=5 to be used, which saves REGION while sacrificing DATA step elapsed-time performance.

If interested, I would gladly entertain some back/forth dialog (CA MICS COMMUNITY) posts here.....for that matter on any interesting MICS topic, if only to get a good-feeling that there are peer-individuals out there using MICS happily !!

Regards,

Scott Barry
    SBBWorks, Inc.