Dispatch

View Only
  • 1.  DISPATCH LDS UNLOAD/LOAD Utility

Posted Mar 30, 2018 09:31 AM

Hello All ,

There is a special requirement in our customer Environment , where they want to dump ( basically taken out all the reports ) from the current Database ( LDS Files ) and then they want to alter that file and then need to upload to the new DISPATCH Instance which is suppose to be running on the other Lpar( Basically this is the new Lpar ) .

This they want to do in order to alter the jobnames corresponding to the reports , so that the file can be ready for the new Lpar's DISPATCH .

I know , we don't have any such utility as of now present with CA, however in the meantime if CA can develop any such utility which can do this procedure , it would be very helpful . Kindly let me know your thoughts on this please ., if at all this would be possible .

Thanks

Amit

• 2.  Re: DISPATCH LDS UNLOAD/LOAD Utility

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 30, 2018 09:57 AM

Hello Amit,

Just a note back to you acknowledging your community post regarding creation of a new utility to accomplish your goal. Since this would be an enhancement to the current functionality of CA Dispatch, I am looking to see if there is a way for me to convert this post from a "discussion" post to an "IDEA" post. Enhancement requests like this need to be posted as an IDEA. I'll be in touch and let you know if I can convert it or if you need to re-post it as an IDEA.

Thanks Amit! 

• 3.  Re: DISPATCH LDS UNLOAD/LOAD Utility

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 30, 2018 04:39 PM

Hi again Amit,

Unfortunately, I do not have a way of converting this discussion to an IDEA for you. So, instead of creating this enhancement request as a discussion, I need you to make that same request by creating it as an IDEA. You can create an IDEA by clicking on the yellow light bulb. Let me know if you need assistance creating this request as an IDEA.

Best Regards,

Scott London

ca Support