Dispatch

View Only
  • 1.  CA Dispatch - Extend report expire date after retrieval

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 06, 2017 01:34 AM

The reports has been archived. After retrieval for online viewing, the report will be archived again at next day as the report has been expired. Any way to extend the expire date automatically after report retrieval?

• 2.  Re: CA Dispatch - Extend report expire date after retrieval
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 06, 2017 10:44 AM

Hello Rick,

I saw your question out on the Communities site and thought that I would offer you some clarification, and an answer to your question...

When an archived report is reprinted back into online viewing (using reprint option 'O'), it will NOT be archived again. We would only re-archive it if you used reprint option 'A' or 'C'. (See options at the bottom of the VARMI200 screen).

Assuming you are looking to extend the "online viewing expiration date" for the reprinted report, after it has been sent back into online viewing, the answer to your question is no. Dispatch does not provide a means for you to automatically extend the OLV retentions on reports that are reprinted back into online viewing.

The online viewing retention for ALL occurrences of a particular report, including reprints of that report back into online viewing, are determined by the retention value defined on the VRDMU110 screen for that report.

I hope you find the above information useful. If you need clarification or have additional questions, please feel free to open a Support case and I'll be happy to give you a call and provide the clarification that you need.

Regards,

Scott London

ca Support

609-583-9671

• 3.  Re: CA Dispatch - Extend report expire date after retrieval

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 08, 2017 03:57 AM

Scott,

Thanks. I will put this as an ideation.

Regards,

Rick.

• 4.  Re: CA Dispatch - Extend report expire date after retrieval

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 08, 2017 10:30 AM

Hello again Rick,

You're very welcome. And yes, since global retention settings for reprints back to online viewing is not part of Ca Dispatch's current functionality, you would need to pursue it through ideation.

Have a great weekend!

Regards,

Scott London

ca Support