Dispatch

View Only
  • 1.  CA Dispatch - Recipient Group support

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 06, 2017 01:23 AM

CA Dispatch is secured by ACF2.

Client would like a feature like RACF group. They define the RACF group as the recipient. Any new comer can just connect to the correct RACF group to get access to CA Dispatch. 

How to accomplish this in ACF2?

• 2.  Re: CA Dispatch - Recipient Group support
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 06, 2017 11:14 AM

Hello Rick,

I saw your Community post regarding setup of an ACF2 "group" similar to a RACF "group" and I'm not sure if this question should be interpreted as a CA Dispatch question or a question for the ACF2 Community members. Please clarify.

Typically, CA Dispatch LOGON and the security permissions that will be allowed for a user are based on an "individuals" userid or pmfkey. This is primarily because Dispatch only allows for a "single signon". Meaning, that only 1 single person can be signed on to Dispatch at a time using a given userid/pmfkey. If you have  a "group" of individuals all sharing the same userid, then only one member of the group would be allowed to signon to CA Dispatch at a time.      

But perhaps I am misinterpreting your question. Would you be able to point us to a specific EXAMPLE of the RACF "group" setup you are referring to? Is this something you are seeing in a particular products documentation and can you direct us to where you are seeing it? Would you be able to provide clarification on exactly what you would like to accomplish?

Regards,

Scott London

ca Support

609-583-9671

• 3.  Re: CA Dispatch - Recipient Group support

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 08, 2017 03:03 AM

Scott,

I found in the manual that we can protect by UID which is a role based security and similar to RACF group concept.

The access can be granted at prefix level of UID instead of specific userid.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Rick.         

• 4.  Re: CA Dispatch - Recipient Group support

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 08, 2017 10:23 AM

OK Rick,

Great! I'll take it from your reply that use of the UID will allow you to establish the type of group security you are looking for under ACF2. I'm not sure how much help I provided , but you're very welcome!

Take care and have a great weekend!

Regards,

Scott London

ca Support