Dispatch

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Newbie to Dispatch question:  Can I enable the barcode option in CA Dispatch R11 SP01?

• 1.  Newbie to Dispatch question:  Can I enable the barcode option in CA Dispatch R11 SP01?

Posted Jul 17, 2014 11:34 AM

I'm not the admin for our CA Dispatch R11 SP01 package and my companies admin is currently out of office, so I come to you!  Is there a way to enable bar code printing on manifests within R11 SP01?  Any tips or information on how to make this happen would be great.  I saw that there is a Print Barcode option in the Bundle defaults in the manuals but I can't find it within my system.  Thanks in advance.

• 2.  Re: Newbie to Dispatch question:  Can I enable the barcode option in CA Dispatch R11 SP01?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 17, 2014 04:35 PM

Hi curioste,    

I am John Misinkavitch from CA Support.  

To enable the bar  code option: sign  on to CA Dispatch and go to the VSGMU110 Sysgen screen.( From the main

menu you enter a 9 then a 1 to get there) You will see this option.

Print Bar Code Option (Y/N) ==> N

If you change it from N (the default) to a Y. You will need to recycle CA Dispatch to have it take effect.

The way the ba rcode option works is that when you change the option to a Y,

CA Dispatch places the Bundle ID (BID) on the Maildrop separator page

when it writes the bundle to JES SPOOL. The laser printer

(Xerox or IBM 3800 series) converts the EBCDIC BID to bar code

format and prints the bundle. You can then use the barcode to track the bundle.

Chapter 10 in the System Programmer Guide is devoted to bar code tracking.

If you have more questions, please open a CA Support issue and we can discuss it further.

By the way, CA Dispatch r11.0 sp1 is out of support, you need to upgraded to 11.7 which is the current release.