Output Management Web Viewer

View Only
  • 1.  Product Announcement for CA OM Web Viewer r12.1 – Chrome and Edge Support

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 24, 2021 07:50 AM

Hello, 

Web Viewer is a critical component to CA View that enables users to view, print, email, save, and export their text reports, as well as view converted AFP as PDF, via a web browser.  Accessing reports via a web browser is important because many companies have green initiatives in which there is little to no printing. Without Web Viewer and because of reduced or no printing, users will be unable to access their reports.

CA OM Web Viewer R12.1 had previously only supported the Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) browser, and recently Microsoft has dropped mainstream support for IE. I am delighted to announce that CA Output Management Web Viewer version 12.1 build 209, supports the Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) browser, and now will support Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge browsers.

To access this PTF, log into support.broadcom.com, choose Mainframe Software, then Product Downloads. The product name is Web Viewer and click the Solution Download tab. Click on the Latest release 12.1 and you will find the PTF number LU01289.

Regards
    Ed Blazejewski

------------------------------
    Product Manager Output Management
    Broadcom

• 2.  RE: Product Announcement for CA OM Web Viewer r12.1 – Chrome and Edge Support

Posted May 26, 2021 06:59 AM
    Hi Ed,

I'd tried following your instruction and it is asking me to provide the site id/serial no of the web viewer to continue with the download. Is this something you have access to lookup or should I reach out to CA Broadcom who install the application?

• 3.  RE: Product Announcement for CA OM Web Viewer r12.1 – Chrome and Edge Support

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 26, 2021 09:50 AM
    Hello Leonard,
    It sounds like it want's your CA Technologies/Broadcom SiteID, so it can verify that you are licensed for the product. Were you signed into  https://casupport.broadcom.com/ when you attempted to download Build 209? In case you don't have your SiteID at hand, I'll go back to your closed support case and email it to you from there. Please let us know how you fare.

My Thanks and Best Regards,
    Kevin
    Kevin T. Kubacki
    CA Technologies a Broadcom Company
    Sr. Support Engineer
    (800) 225 - 5224

Senior Support Engineer
    CA Technologies a Broadcom Company
    NJ