Output Management Web Viewer

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Can I specify column offsets when exporting a report to Excel in version 12.1.

• 1.  Can I specify column offsets when exporting a report to Excel in version 12.1.

Posted Apr 05, 2017 10:09 AM

Upgrading from 11.5 to 12.1, many of the clients export their results.  The parsing of the report in 12.1 has several features that were in 11.5 but are missing.  The breaking of the report using the arrow placement on the report, does not always parse the data correctly.  In 11.5, the clients were able to define a Parse Method of "Fixed Columns" and then specify the column offsets.

In 11.5 it looked like:

Fixed columns
    Tip : Specify column offsets; separate the values using a space or a comma.

With the issues with 12.1 parsing the report, this would be a very useful feature.

• 2.  Re: Can I specify column offsets when exporting a report to Excel in version 12.1.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 06, 2017 10:58 AM

The 11.5 Web Viewer Export method of defining a "Parse Method of "Fixed Columns" and then specify the column offsets" - essentially providing column numbers separated by commas, was replaced in 12.1 Web Viewer with the graphical method of setting a pointer and vertical highlight bar in the report preview panel. All known issues of shifting columns in the resulting output were resolved by the later 12.1 Web Viewer builds. If you are currently experiencing such a problem and are at 12.1 Web Viewer Build 164 or later, please open a support case. CA Support will be happy to address it.