It is posisble to send an email notification to the project assignee? could we use application variables in order to complete the email mesage. Ex:
- Project assignee
- Project Name
- Project manager Name
- Project open date
Could we use a Notification Rule type but how to specify to send email only when field Assignee is filled or when a particular status is defined for project?
It is posible to provide to analyst an action menu in order to send email?
We are using ALC 3.0
Thanks for your help.
This can be done with the Item Assigned Notification rule type. You would use scripting and override the subject and body to customize the message.
Thanks for your answer.
Just in case you know, where can we find information about the variables that we can use?
They are generally listed in the description of the rule type in the Administrator (if not in the doc itself).
No, nothing in documentation and rule description. So I asked for help in the community, basically :
- to know if it is possibe to use vaiables
- where to find variables we could use
- in wich format to define this use in a new notification rule.
I checked and the list is in the rule type description:
Here is the expanded text:
"Sends a simple text notification to the assignee of an Item whenever the assignee changes according to the configured parameters. The body/subject may use the following variables to represent various item properties: [itemid] [itemname] [itemdesc] [itemtype] [itemstatus] [itemassignee]. *Item status will be replaced with a blank string if the item has no status attribute. Note: this rule type should only be used in the AfterSaveItem event.
1. Email Type: The email type to broadcast to. If left blank, all email types are considered.
2. First Email Only: If checked, only the first email found is broadcast to.
3. Explode Groups: If checked and a target is a group, the member list is exploded and the consituent members are sent the message. If left unchecked, then the emails associated with the group itself are used.
4. Recurse: If checked and exploding groups, sub-groups are exploded as well.
5. Intersect Group Members: If the target list contains multiple groups and groups are being exploded, only members in all groups are considered.
6. Subject: The subject line for the email. This may be overridden in script by declaring a "subjectOverride" variable and setting to the desired value. This allows notifications to have calculated subject lines.
7. Body: The body for the email. This may be overridden in script by declaring a "bodyOverride" variable and setting to the desired value. This allows notifications to have calculated bodies.
8. HTML Message: If checked, the message is sent as HTML instead of plain text."
I had already read the description of the rule, but the expanded text… Where can I find it? Sorry, I have not been able to find.
John Vásquez V.
Really sorry, I have been viewing the wrong rule (Notification). I have now found the rule to which you refer. Thanks for your help.