SYSVIEW Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  CA Sysview for DB2

Posted Nov 01, 2019 10:51 AM
    Greetings,

I know that from version 18, CA Insight has a new name - CA Sysview for DB2, but then I found the below page which points to a product called Sysview performance management option for DB2:

https://www.broadcom.com/products/mainframe/product-portfolio/sysview-performance-management-option-db2-zos

If you open the data sheet you will see that this product in short is called CA Sysview option for DB2 (still different from CA Sysview for DB2), but on the second page there is a picture from CA Sysview for DB2 (formerly known as Insight).

All these very similar product names make a confusion if this is the same product or they are different (5 different names if we include CA Insight). Can anyone please confirm if CA Sysview performance management option for DB2 is different from CA Insight and if so, is there any installation guide/requirements for it.

Thank you
    Deyan Rashev

• 2.  RE: CA Sysview for DB2
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 01, 2019 02:31 PM
    Deyan, 
    My apology for the confusion. 

CA SYSVIEW Performance Management Option for DB2 is in fact the product formerly known as CA Insight. 
    Within CA SYSVIEW proper... we refer to our Db2 support/integration as the CA SYSVIEW Db2 Component.

The Techdocs link to the SYSVIEW Performance Option for Db2 is as follows: 
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-mainframe-software/database-management/ca-sysview-performance-management-option-for-db2/20-0.html

Michael Patriarco 
    Product Management

• 3.  RE: CA Sysview for DB2

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 04, 2019 04:16 AM
    Hello Deyan, 

Complete name of the product is : CA SYSVIEW® PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT OPTION FOR DB2 FOR Z/OS

I think you would agree with me that it is quite a long name. So I see this part in the datasheet:  CA SYSVIEW® Performance Management Option for DB2 for z/OS (CA SYSVIEW Option for DB2
    And after this statement , in the document  it is referred as : CA SYSVIEW Option for DB2  .. I believe it is to make the document simpler. 

On the other hand, As complete name is quite long many times we refer it as "Sysview for Db2 " as well. (mostly in daily talk or quick written communications) 

In past its name was : CA Insight™ Database Performance Monitor for DB2 for z/OS 
                                --> Referred in Datasheet as  CA Insight DPM
                                --> During communications shortly   CA Insight or IDb2 

These are all same product. 

If you need any information about the product please let me know. 

Regards