SYSVIEW Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  New documentation platform for CA mainframe products

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 29, 2019 11:08 AM

As part of Broadcom's acquisition of CA Technologies, all CA product documentation available on docops.ca.com is moving to a new customer documentation platform--TechDocs.Broadcom.com.

You can view doc content anonymously or log in with your Broadcom credentials. The new site has the same features as DocOps but a different look and feel. Bookmark TechDocs as your new home page for all CA mainframe product documentation.

This new doc site is currently a work in progress: Over 100 mainframe products are available on it today. For the remaining products, TechDocs will redirect you to DocOps until their doc is available on the new platform. Additional features such as commenting, translation, and enhanced on-demand PDFs will be coming in the next few months. 

We appreciate your patience as we move to this new documentation platform and continue to make enhancements and corrections resulting from the migration. Our goal is to make this transition as smooth for you as possible.

Thank you!

------------------------------
    Pennie Walters
    CA SYSVIEW technical writer
    Broadcom

• 2.  RE: New documentation platform for CA mainframe products

Posted Jul 30, 2019 07:43 AM

​About the new documentation site, does it require a support logon id?

I wasn't sure if anyone can view this site, or if they need an account first, and we often download the manuals to post to an internal site so we don't have a lot of people requesting support accounts when they really just need to read the manual.

• 3.  RE: New documentation platform for CA mainframe products

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 31, 2019 02:26 PM
    Hello Peter -
    Thank you for your question. While you need a support login to access certain sections of documentation for some products, the new documentation homepage is open to everyone. Please note that the documentation for CA SYSVIEW will not require a support login when it is migrated to the new site.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.
    Have a great rest of the week.

Pennie Walters
    Broadcom

• 4.  RE: New documentation platform for CA mainframe products

Posted Jul 31, 2019 09:43 AM
    Maybe its pre-mature, but I assumed the SYSVIEW manuals have been moved to TechDocs since you posted this here, but when I click on SYSVIEW, it redirects me to DocOps.  What MAINFRAME manuals have been moved, so that we can see how the new site works?  Even just 1 product is fine, just want to try it out.
    Thanks
    Sal

• 5.  RE: New documentation platform for CA mainframe products

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 31, 2019 02:33 PM
    Edited by Pennie Walters Jul 31, 2019 02:44 PM
    Hello Sal -
    Thank you for your question. The documentation for CA SYSVIEW has not yet moved to TechDocs, but it's in the works. In the meantime, you can check out the new TechDocs site to see what documentation looks like on our new platform. For example, you can see the documentation for CA Common Services for z/OS here

Have a great day.

Pennie Walters
    Broadcom

• 6.  RE: New documentation platform for CA mainframe products

Posted Jul 31, 2019 03:24 PM
    I was able to see the CA Common Services for z/OS 15.0 on the new site.   I am very happy that you still allow PDF versions!.  I have tried a bunch of ways, but don't seem to see a way to bring down each section in its own PDF - seems like it always creates 1 giant PDF for all sections, no matter when I select the PDF option.  Does this site allow you to bring down each manual separately?

The site seems to have quick response time.

One other question - how to you go page to page from the website?  for a product install, have to make sure you don't miss anything so jumping around with hyperlinks does not make it easy to see what you may have skipped.  I don't see  NEXT PAGE/PREVIOUS PAGE buttons

Thanks
    Sal

• 7.  RE: New documentation platform for CA mainframe products

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 02, 2019 11:05 AM
    Hello Sal -
    Thank you for reaching out. These are good questions. At this time, there is no way to create a PDF of just one section of the documentation in TechDocs as you could in DocOps.

Regarding the Next Page/Previous Page buttons, DocOps didn't have them either. You might be thinking of the Bookshelf files such as the one here for CA SYSVIEW 14.0.

Thank you!

Pennie Walters
    Broadcom