SYSVIEW Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  How to extract CA SYSVIEW IMS Transaction Data with USERID using the Report Writer

Posted Apr 20, 2021 03:37 PM
    Hi,
    I trying to extract the USER ID with the IMS transaction data using the Report Writer.   I tried the following but it seems to ignore the date range.   I would like to extract the transaction ID, the date/time and the user ID.   I did not see a way of creating a customized report using FLASHBACK IMS.  Is this possible?    Also would it be possible to list the condition code?

OPTION(RPTSTAT=YES,RECSTAT=YES,MAXTO=NO)
    TAB USERID TRANID IMS PERF TRAN LIFE,
    AND IMS PERF TRAN INQUEUE,
    AND IMS PERF TRAN OUTQUEUE,
    AND IMS PERF TRAN PROC
    FROM -1 DAYS
    TO -1 DAYS
    END
    RUN

• 2.  RE: How to extract CA SYSVIEW IMS Transaction Data with USERID using the Report Writer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 22, 2021 09:36 AM

Hi Patrick,
    For the IMS reporting case with CA Sysview report writer.. What input file are you using.. The offloaded logstream datasets (SMF datasets), or are you using the live logstream datasets?

If you remove the FROM and TO statements, do you then receive the proper data in the report..

If not, please open a case at our Broadcom support website and we can take a closer look..

Best regards

Hennie Hermans

------------------------------
    Principal Support Engineer
    CA Technologies, A Broadcom Company
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: How to extract CA SYSVIEW IMS Transaction Data with USERID using the Report Writer

Posted Apr 22, 2021 04:21 PM
    Hi,

I am using the live logstream dataset.  I have enclosed the JCL below, it seems to produce the correct output including the date range.  Is the the right approach to create a report of IMS transactions containing the transaction ID, the date/time and the user ID?    Also would it be possible to create a similar report of abended IMS transactions or the same report with a completion or abend code?

//REPORT EXEC PGM=XPFRMAIN,REGION=4M
    //ERPTPRM DD DISP=SHR,DSN=SYSNZR.SYSVIEW.SAMPJCL
    //SYSUDUMP DD SYSOUT=*
    //SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
    //TAPSMF DD DISP=SHR,DSN=SYSVIEW.IMSLOGR.IMTR.NASC,
    // SUBSYS=(LOGR,GSVXLGEX,
    // 'FROM=OLDEST,TO=YOUNGEST,LOCAL',
    // 'STATS,EXPAND,BACKWARD,NORDW'),
    // DCB=(DSORG=PS,RECFM=VB,LRECL=32756,BLKSIZE=32760)
    //SYSIN DD *
    OPTION(RPTSTAT=YES,RECSTAT=YES,MAXTO=NO)
    TAB DATE USERID TRANID IMS PERF TRAN LIFE,
    AND IMS PERF TRAN INQUEUE,
    AND IMS PERF TRAN OUTQUEUE,
    AND IMS PERF TRAN PROC
    FROM -1 DAYS
    TO -1 DAYS
    END
    RUN