SYSVIEW Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  CICS STorage UDSA WAIT

Posted Sep 03, 2019 04:50 AM
    Hi,

Could you please give me a little hint ? 

Customer have this request: when  more than 200 'wait for UDSA Storage' in a 5-minute period for a specific CICS region from xlog and then process it and send email. 

I have problem that i dont know which threshold should i use, because there is quite a lot of them for storage. 

Thanks in advance

-Br M

• 2.  RE: CICS STorage UDSA WAIT

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 03, 2019 08:03 AM
    Martin,

Each one of these CICS exceptions are due to a CICS Short-On-Storage (SOS) event.
    We do not have a metric that will track the number of transactions that experienced a SOS within a 5 minute period.

I would suggest using the metric "SOS". This metric is the number of SOS events within a 1 minute period.
    If you set the threshold definition to have a limit of 1, then you would get notified each time there was an SOS within an interval.
    Multiple transactions may have to wait due to a single SOS event.

Using the "Dur"ation attribute of the definition would allow you to monitor SOS events in consecutive intervals.
    If you set the duration to 5, then the average number of SOS events per interval in the previous 5 minutes must be 1.
    This would let you know that you are experiencing SOS events on a regular basis. The duration period is a rolling period that is examined each minute.

------------------------------
    Todd J. Gagle
    Architect of Software Engineering, Team SYSVIEW
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------