SYSVIEW Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  command line missing

Posted Jul 10, 2019 09:49 AM

Hello,
    I go through sysview discussions and not found any similar problem:
    I don't see subcommand line in sysview (V14.2). Usually before every line in menu are visible yellow line, where you can put command. It seems like this:

But in my case I there is nothing:
    My first thought was, that is security problem, and I am not authorize. So I try in CICS active task menu put "?" command
    , but I don't receive any message about authorization I get only warning, that I used wrong line command:

GSVX156E Invalid line command ?. Use ? for line command assistance
    Command is right and should works.

I try go through docops (manualls ) for sysview and I know that is possible restrict access to resources or hide some submenu ( features ) in menu for some user group. But not sure if is possible hide this command rows. If it is only setup of sysview for my user group or some bug.
    If it is only security (setup) problem , then I can contact security team and solve it.

So do you have experiences with this?  Is it security issue or not?
    Thanks for any inputs, hints .

• 2.  RE: command line missing

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 10, 2019 09:58 AM
    Jan,

It appears that you have turned off your line command pad character.
    Query the current value by issuing:
    QUERY LINECMDPAD
    Then set it back to '_'
    SET LINECMDPAD '_'

This can also be performed from PROFILE GENERAL

------------------------------
    Todd J. Gagle
    Architect of Software Engineering, Team SYSVIEW
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: command line missing

Posted Jul 10, 2019 10:46 AM

Hi Todd,

thanks it works. Now I see underline line command area.

But still I have problem with sign ? . Always appear message: wrong line command.  it isn't authorization problem, because other line commands works for me. For example when I go to cics menu to: DSALLOC, Datasets Allocated . There I can put line commands before allocated dataset ( DS, LC..  ) , but when I put there ? to get help ( list of available line commands ) I get this GSVX156E. Do you know, if is it possible to change this help char "?" to something else in SYSVIEW setup? May be someone change some defaults. I was using this feature very often, and it is annoying lost this help.

• 4.  RE: command line missing

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 10, 2019 11:01 AM
    The "?" line command is defined using SYSVIEW external line command definitions.
    Therefore, I have to believe that you are missing a definition in parmlib member.
    We ship a parmlib member named: GSVXLCMD
    This contains the standard or base set of external line command definitions.
    The first entry in the GSVXLCMD member should look like the following:

*Command. Linecmd.   Min CmdString.........................
      *                 ???????? 1    DESC 'Available line commands'
                                              OPTS NAV
                                              OPTS NOXSCONN
                                              OPTS NOLCASSIST
                                             CMD LCASSIST COMMAND &G$ActvCmd +
                                             SCREEN &G$ActvScr +
                                             CONTEXT &GSVX_LineCmdRow +
                                             ALIAS GLOBAL

Do you use SYSVIEW SITE and SYSTEM library data sets?
    The SYSVIEW LIBS command will show all data sets in use.

You can also use the command PARMLIB
    After issuing the PARMLIB command, issue the subcommand: WHERE GSVXLCMD
    This will should you where the member GSVXLCMD is found.
    If should ONLY be in the SYSTEM data set.
    Maybe it has been copied to your SITE data set or possibly you are not using the correct release of the parmlib data sets if you have upgraded recently.

Todd J. Gagle
    Broadcom

• 5.  RE: command line missing

Posted Jul 11, 2019 09:02 AM

Yes you have right again. I check libraries and we use side and system for parmlib. And in both is member GSVXLCMD. Side library seems be from  previous version (different structure in member GSVXLCMD then same member in new system parmlib library).  So simplest solution is remove GSVXLCMD member form side parmlib library. Do you know if I need restart Sysview then?

just FYI
    But I have problem because it seems that upgrade from v 14.1 to 14.2 was done wrongly. We have side libraries from old version also for CAPLIB, CLISTLIB, HELPLIB, MAPLIB, MIBLIB, PANELLIB, PARMLIB, PLOTLIB, REXXLIB, TEMPLATE). (looks like that someone just change system library to new one(v14.2) and side library stay from old version(14.1) ). But it is theme for another discussion.

• 6.  RE: command line missing

Posted Jul 11, 2019 09:02 AM

Yes you have right again.  I checked libraries and we use SITE and SYSTEM for parmlib. And in both is member GSVXLCMD. SITE library seems be from  previous version (different structure in member GSVXLCMD than same member in new SYSTEM parmlib library).  So simplest solution is remove GSVXLCMD member form side parmlib library. Do you know if I need restart Sysview then?

But I have problem because it seems that upgrade from v 14.1 to 14.2 was done wrongly. We have SITE libraries from old version also for CAPLIB, CLISTLIB, HELPLIB, MAPLIB, MIBLIB, PANELLIB, PARMLIB, PLOTLIB, REXXLIB, TEMPLATE). (looks like that just change SYSTEM library to new one and side library stay old version ). But it is theme for another discussion.

• 7.  RE: command line missing
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 11, 2019 04:10 PM
    There is no need to restart the SYSVIEW address space.
    The GSVXLCMD parmlib member will most likely be in our cached storage.
    Go to the LIBCACHE command.
    Find the GSVXLCMD PARMLIB entry.
    If present, issue the line command "RELOAD".
    When a user session is restarted, the new line command definitions will be reloaded.

Todd J. Gagle
    Broadcom

• 8.  RE: command line missing

Posted Jul 15, 2019 07:52 AM

So problem is solved. I delete member  GSVXLCMD from SITE Parmlib and reload GSVXLCMD in LIBCACHE. And now commands works like it should.

Thank you.