SYSVIEW Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  CPU time used by transaction

Posted Dec 20, 2019 03:37 AM
    Hello, I have a question about auto canceling transaction, which used more cputime, then treshold allows:

This is cputime defined for tran D=

From XLOG:

Is it so, that limit is 5 seconds, and CPU time was more then 2 minutes?
    Cancel of transaction D510 was not issued.

Thank you.
    Br,
    Jan

• 2.  RE: CPU time used by transaction

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 20, 2019 07:39 AM
    Hello Jan,

Thank you for your question.

Unfortunately, there is a little extra information needed to determine if how you transaction cancellation is configured with your thresholds. One more column to the right of the "Cancel" column, there is the "CanLimit" column, I do not see this in your screen snips. This column controls the value at which the transaction will be eligible for cancellation. Please check this column and ensure it is set to a value you desire. It can be as low as the "Limit" value, or set to a higher value. The "Limit" value does not control cancellation, but the "CanLimit" column does.

Also, ensure you have correct rules in place on the CTRANOPT command. CTRANOPT controls monitoring definitions for CICS transaction names. It is possible you have a rule on CTRANOPT and does not allow this transaction to be cancelled. Refer to the "CanEligible" column.

It is also possible this transaction might have been in Db2 when SYSVIEW issued the cancel for it? If so, it will require a CEKL to remove it from CICS. SYSVIEW will put messages in the CICS job log when it attempts to cancel a transaction. SYSVIEW may have issued the cancel, but it could have been rejected if the transaction was in Db2, for example. If this was true, you would have seen SYSVIEW messages indicating this was occurring. Setting a "Cancel" type of "AUTO" on CTHRESH will allow SYSVIEW to better determine the correct cancellation method based on current status of the transaction. These rules can be customized if you like on the CTRANCAN command.

As you can see, there is a great deal of customization. If after your review of this information you are still having problems, I would ask you to open a support ticket so we can further review some diagnostics from you.

Thanks and regards,
    Jason Brosius
    CA SYSVIEW

------------------------------
    Senior Software Engineer
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: CPU time used by transaction

Posted Dec 20, 2019 08:04 AM
    Hello, I just check  "CanLimit" column and it's set to 5 also.

Ctranopt panel looks ok:

I need to check DB2 ...

Thank you for you help and Merry Christmas.