SYSVIEW Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  SYSVIEW MVS Rule and Threshold

Posted Oct 08, 2019 07:56 AM

I've never used or installed SYSVIEW, or do I use the Boardcom/CA support web site. But I'm looking at SYSVIEW and trying to understand some of the threshold rules that were put in place who knows how many years ago.

There are rules for CSA, ECSA, SQA, AND ESQA percentage usage (IE STGCSA%). These are set as follows.

Rule Type       UPPER  

Trigger Level   CHANGE__

Problem Limit   95______

Warning Limit   90______

Warning Pct     95_    

Duration       2__    

I understand this one at it is straight forward.

There are others that are set as follows: (IE STGCSA)

Rule Type       CHANGE 

Trigger Level   CHANGE__

Problem Limit   2.000___

Warning Limit   1.000___

Warning Pct     50_    

Duration       2__    

The description for this is CSA storage used.

This one I don't understand.

I've poured through some manuals but have come up with nothing useful. Can someone point me to the right place so I can understand what this rule does and how it gets triggered as it does every day for several times.

Tks in adv.

• 2.  RE: SYSVIEW MVS Rule and Threshold
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 08, 2019 12:55 PM
    STGCSA is the number of bytes of CSA used below the line.  A Rule Type of CHANGE means the Warning and Problem limits are expressed as the number of standard deviations away the current value is.  This doc link explains further and provides examples:
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-mainframe-software/performance-and-storage/ca-sysview-performance-management/16-0/scenarios-how-to-articles-videos-and-online-help-topics/how-to-articles/how-threshold-and-state-definitions-work.html#toccontentbroadcomtechdocsusencamainframesoftwareperformanceandstoragecasysviewperformancemanagement160administeringlibrarymembershtmlLibraryMembers

------------------------------
    Regards,
    Doug Miller
    Software Engineer
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: SYSVIEW MVS Rule and Threshold

Posted Oct 08, 2019 05:08 PM
    Thank you so much that helped a lot and thanks for the link to the info. It was what I needed. ​