SYSVIEW Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  How to list a single SYSVIEW datataset in REXX

Posted Jan 22, 2019 09:36 AM

I'm writing a REXX to compare the output of two jobs, and I see now that I don't know which command to use to fetch a single dataset that was created by one of the jobs.  I know the job name and job number, and I can use the OUTPUT command to get all the output, like this:

address SYSVIEWE 'C(OUTPUT BSBXBSMP JOB01713)'

...But I don't need all the output, just what's in one of the output DDs.  I can hit 'S' next to that DD to display the results when I'm in the SYSVIEW app, but when I'm running the REXX I need a command name.  Does anyone know what SYSVIEW command that is?

• 2.  Re: How to list a single SYSVIEW datataset in REXX
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 22, 2019 04:45 PM

Hi Robert,

To retrieve a specific DD from a job output:
    1) Instead of the OUTPUT command, issue the LISTFILE command with the jobname as a parameter
    Example: address SYSVIEWE 'C(LISTFILE BSBXBSMP)'
    2) To drill down into a specific DD, you must know the row number of the DD on the LISTFILE display.
    Once the row number is known, it can be used in combination with the LINECMD command to retrieve just that DD output.
    The following example will use the O (Output) line command on row number 1, which will display the output for the selected DD.
    Example: address SYSVIEWE 'C(LINECMD O 1)'
    Thanks,
    Cindy

• 3.  Re: How to list a single SYSVIEW datataset in REXX

Posted Jan 23, 2019 02:52 PM

Incorporate/nest a SELECT command to your desired DD....assuming jobname/jobname vars AND DD = JESMSGLG....

address Sysviewe                                                    
    "C(LISTFILE "jobname","jobnum";select DDNAME = JESMSGLG;LINECMD S 1)"