SYSVIEW Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  MONITOR is not working

Posted Nov 23, 2018 09:16 AM

Prehitted, after migrating my version of sysview to v15, I realized that the metrics JOBSTAT is no longer working. That is, when the task configured to monitor falls, the metric does not alert in ALERTS.

I only noticed this when a critical service stopped and did not warn.

I think I have the ability to customize something after migration.

Would someone have a checklist for me to try to identify where I am failing?

• 2.  Re: MONITOR is not working
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 26, 2018 01:01 PM

There are three items to check:

Depending on wheather you do WARM or COLD starts of SYSVIEW:

1) Do you have a JOBSTAT definition for the job to be monitored in the MVSSTATE Parmlib member or the STATE display?

2) Do you have a MONITOR definition to INCLUDE the job in the MVSMON Parmlib member or the MONITOR display?  3) Have you turned on SCHEDULing for the MVS-REQ-JOBS in the SCHDMVS Parmlib member or on the SCHEDULE display?  

These three requirements are all that is necessary to monitor the JOBSTAT metric on the ALERTS display.

• 3.  Re: MONITOR is not working

Posted Nov 26, 2018 03:05 PM

Thank you Robert. Actually SCHEDULing for the MVS-REQ-JOBS was not active. 

• 4.  Re: MONITOR is not working

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 26, 2018 02:12 PM

Felix,

Assuming you have the proper definitions in place as listed by Robert Brandl, there is a problem in SYSVIEW 15.0 that causes issues with JOBSTAT if you use the MONITOR;RELOAD subcommand.

The code change to correct this will be included in the next feature PTF with targeted availability before Christmas. In the meantime, if you need to modify JOBSTAT definitions the circumvention would be to make the changes on the MONITOR display rather than doing a RELOAD. You can still update the MVSMON parmlib member to keep it in sync if you do COLD starts, just don't do a RELOAD. You can also implement changes, or clear up this problem situation, by recycling the SYSVIEW STC (or minimally the MVSDATA subtask). 

Regards,

Doug