SYSVIEW Performance Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

What Support will be available for ASYNC API's (available with CICS TS 5.4 as RUN and FETCH commands) in CA-SYSVIEW ?

• 1.  What Support will be available for ASYNC API's (available with CICS TS 5.4 as RUN and FETCH commands) in CA-SYSVIEW ?

Posted Dec 04, 2017 07:37 AM

With CTS 5.4 comes the ability to invoke ASYNC processing thru' RUN and FETCH commands. What facilities will exist in CA-SYSVIEW to support ASYNC processing.

Suggested areas to be addressed :

CTRAN : Avg, Highest and Lowest number of RUN's and FETCH's issued for CICS transactions.

CTRAN : Avg, Highest and Lowest number of tasks which were FETCHed. (Aim is to identify how many child tasks aren't in fact used - i.e. in effect orphan tasks)

CTASK : Whether a CICS transaction is a CHILD transaction and the task# of the Parent

CTASK : How many Child transactions were invoked for a given task and their task#'s

CTASK : Whether a Child transactions was FETCHed or not.

CTASK : What is the level of the Child Transaction - i.e. in the event that a Child transaction issues a RUN for another Child transaction.

• 2.  Re: What Support will be available for ASYNC API's (available with CICS TS 5.4 as RUN and FETCH commands) in CA-SYSVIEW ?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 08, 2017 02:04 PM

The following support for CICS TS 5.4 was added to CA SYSVIEW 15.0 INC00, 

I will follow up with on additional requirements.