SYSVIEW Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  how to make sysview, get the newly changed settings for LOGREC CICS?

Posted Mar 13, 2018 10:56 AM

How to make sysview, get the newly changed settings for LOGREC CICS?

The last time I made a change to start a CICS log recording, an IPL was scheduled in the environment and then, after IPL, the newly changed LOGREC settings were applied to SYSVIEW. But I want to know what procedure I use for these changes to be applied without the need for IPL.

• 2.  Re: how to make sysview, get the newly changed settings for LOGREC CICS?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 16, 2018 04:30 PM

Hello Felix,  Could you please tell us what specific changes were made and also how they were these changes made to your environment?

• 3.  Re: how to make sysview, get the newly changed settings for LOGREC CICS?

Posted Mar 19, 2018 08:56 AM

Good morning Robert, we found a command that will probably solve the questioning, but we have not yet issued the command, as we are waiting for the management's authorization to perform.

Below is the command that we will test:

/ F SYSVIEW, MODIFY CICSLOGR, START

As soon as we test, I'll report the result.

But answering your question ...

Three more CICS are in production and are being monitored by SYSVIEW, but their LOGRECS are not active for storing the logs in the .SYSD, .TRAN, .TSUM, .XLOG files. On the LGLOGS screen, it appears as follows:

SYSVIEW 14.0 BNB1 ------------ LGLOGS, Data Logs ---------- 2018/03/19 09:50:36
    Command ====> Scroll * ===> CSR
    ----------------------------------------------- Lvl 3 Row 22-57 / 57 Col 1-79 / 151
    Cmd Name Status Bgn-Date Bgn-Time End-Date End-Time TimeSpan
    ___ CICSPP02.SYSD EMPTY
    ___ CICSPP02.TRAN EMPTY
    ___ CICSPP02.TSUM EMPTY
    ___ CICSPP02.XLOG EMPTY
    ___ CICSPP03.SYSD EMPTY
    ___ CICSPP03.TRAN EMPTY
    ___ CICSPP03.TSUM EMPTY
    ___ CICSPP03.XLOG EMPTY
    ___ CICSPP04.SYSD EMPTY
    ___ CICSPP04.TRAN EMPTY
    ___ CICSPP04.TSUM EMPTY
    ___ CICSPP04.XLOG EMPTY
    ___ CICSPSC1.SYSD ACTIVE 2018/01/15 17:46:40 2018/03/19 09:45:05 62.7DAYS
    ___ CICSPSC1.TRAN ACTIVE 2018/03/09 09:41:02 2018/03/19 09:50:27 10DAYS

The CICS I am referring to are the CICSPP02, CICSPP03 and CICSPP0

Thanks for listening.

• 4.  Re: how to make sysview, get the newly changed settings for LOGREC CICS?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 21, 2018 10:56 AM

Provided that the new logstreams are defined and are going to use the default logger (i.e. CICSLOGR) and the entries which point to them are found in parmlib member CICSLOGR then all that you should need to do is recycle the CICSLOGR task in SYSVIEW.  

If you have additional problems/questions the please open a case with CA SYSVIEW support from the support site SUPPORT.CA.COM and it will be addressed from there

• 5.  Re: how to make sysview, get the newly changed settings for LOGREC CICS?

Posted Mar 29, 2018 09:46 AM

The new CICS stream definitions are already configured on the CICSLOGR member.

We submit the command "F SYSVIEW, MODIFY CICSLOGR, START", the command is accepted, however, we continue with the same problem

• 6.  Re: how to make sysview, get the newly changed settings for LOGREC CICS?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 29, 2018 12:18 PM

Hello Felix,

At this point it would be advised that a new support case be opened with the SYSVIEW support team so that supporting documentation can be captured and reviewed.

Thank You,

Frank