SYSVIEW Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  ASIOTX parameter

Posted Mar 13, 2018 08:40 AM

Hi,

I cannot find what exactly means  parameter ASIOTX in sysview MVSTHRSH. In description is "Address spaces Open Edition Transactions" but what should I imagine under this ? I searcher thrue USS panels but i cannot find something which would help me.

We've got this parameter in problem state in alerts at value of 50 and i dont know what should I do to decrease it 

Thanks for reply

-Br M

• 2.  Re: ASIOTX parameter

Posted Mar 20, 2018 12:07 PM

What version of Sysview?

What screen are you on?

• 3.  Re: ASIOTX parameter

Posted Mar 22, 2018 10:08 AM

Hello Martin,

So the question is " how many address space should you have for Open Edition transactions". It seems that there is a rule defined to alert you. Maybe you would have more luck tracking down the rule. I think CA SYSVIEW  Support could help you with that if you need it.

• 4.  Re: ASIOTX parameter
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 23, 2018 10:20 AM

ASIOTX is a CA SYSVIEW Threshold variable.  It is used to monitor the number of Address spaces for Open Edition Transactions.  The value can be decreased from the THRESH command by overtyping the LIMIT value.  After making the chaange from the THRESH display, if you are doing WARM starts of CA SYSVIEW then the value will be stored in the Persistent Data Store (Data Library) when you shut down the CA SYSVIEW STC and will remain the new value when you start the SYSVIEW STC.  If you are doing COLD starts of CA SYSVIEW then the LIMIT value will need to be updated in the SYSVIEW Parmlib member MVSTHRSH.  

WARM or COLD starts of the CA SYSVIEW STC are determined by a parameter on the SYSVIEW STC JCL:
    //SYSVIEW PROC SSID=GSVX,
    // MEM=SVW$MAIN,
    // START=WARM  

If you have any additional problems then please open a CASE with CA SYSVIEW Support who will be glad to assist you in getting the variable updated.

• 5.  Re: ASIOTX parameter

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 24, 2018 10:20 AM

The metric ASIOTX is the current number of address spaces with type "OTX."

To show the current OTX address spaces, issue the following command:  ACTIVITY ,OTX

You may or may not wish to have an exception alert based on the number of OTX address space.

If not, the metric is still able to provide you with statistics about the number of OTX address spaces over time.

To see a plot of OTX count over the last hour, using the command:  PLOT MVS ASIOTX

The OTX address space is a Unix or USS process. Using the SYSVIEW command UPROCESS, you can easily relate the OTX address spaces or processes to the parent using the Pid and PPid (Parent Pid).

• 6.  Re: ASIOTX parameter

Posted Mar 26, 2018 09:37 AM

Hi,

That was exactly I wanted to know Todd, Thanks.