Datacom

View Only
  • 1.  IDEAL outputs to PDF

Posted Apr 29, 2020 10:35 AM
    With many users working from home at the moment due to travel restrictions what types of solutions have people put in place to adapt their printing solutions?
    One of the application programmers in my company has requested the facility to be able get the outputs from IDEAL into pdf, is anyone aware of such a facility to do so?
    So far in test systems prints have been redirected to the held output (D OUT STA) where people can view them online there. However there are some types of prints need to be viewed even as a form of edoc...a pdf that represents the normal printed version.

------------------------------
    Snr. Mainframe Database Administrator
    AXA Ireland

• 2.  RE: IDEAL outputs to PDF
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 21, 2020 02:01 PM
    Hi David, I am not sure how I missed this until now.

There is no intrinsic capability within the CA Datacom software to print to a PDF, but there are tools that can be installed on your mainframe to spool output to a PDF file. I would recommend you discuss the need for a special output writer that creates PDF files or that sends output as email text as they meet your need. Once you have this output writer in place, you can then spool your output to that writer with standard OUTPUT statements.

Don Johnson

Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom
    United States

• 3.  RE: IDEAL outputs to PDF

Posted May 22, 2020 04:58 AM
    Thanks Don, we do have similar output management facilities like that already in place but nothing that creates PDFs. We'll need to investigate further as to what 3rd party options are out there for that.

Snr. Mainframe Database Administrator
    AXA Ireland