Datacom

View Only
  • 1.  How to update table and column security authorization in dataquery via batch

Posted Apr 24, 2019 10:57 AM

I am creating a Production clone environment for use by our Development team, one issue I have came across is that I need to be able to change the dataquery authorisation levels for some of our users. I am looking specifically at the table and column security authorisations for our developers. By default they will have Find only access (as per Production access) but I would like update the users access to Update, Erase and Insert. This is to replicate what they would normally have in a Development type environment.

I would like to be able to do this in batch preferably so that I can automate the process for when the clone is rebuilt and also use the same process against other Production clones.

Has anyone came across a method to do this?

• 2.  Re: How to update table and column security authorization in dataquery via batch

Posted May 22, 2019 09:29 AM

Any suggestions here please?

• 3.  Re: How to update table and column security authorization in dataquery via batch

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 22, 2019 11:46 AM

HI David, I think there are a number of questions about your process here. If I understand correctly, you should only be copying the production data into your clone system, and would not be copying all the system data (Datadictionary, CA Dataquery tables, etc.). Then, once you have the access as you expect, you should not need to make changes with each refresh.

If this is not the case, then it might be best for you to open a support case, so we can get into the details of the processing more, and review some of the reports and settings you have in place to figure out the best plan for your needs.

• 4.  Re: How to update table and column security authorization in dataquery via batch

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 22, 2019 01:05 PM

David,

Don's idea of a support case sounds good.  I presume from your post that you're talking about Dataquery's internal security as opposed to use of an external security manager.

@Dale_Russell

• 5.  Re: How to update table and column security authorization in dataquery via batch

Posted May 23, 2019 06:38 AM

Thanks guys, Karina has opened a support case so will go from there.

• 6.  RE: Re: How to update table and column security authorization in dataquery via batch
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 04, 2019 04:49 PM
    We update our developer's table authorizations via batch using DDUPDATE:

//DBDQAU   EXEC  PGM=DDUPDATE    
    - - -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -
    //SYSIN    DD *                  
    -USR datacomadminuserid,password                
    -BTG AUTHORIZATION,$DQ-ADDR-TBLnnn
    -BTG AUTHORIZATION,$DQ-UPDR-TBLnnn
    -BTG AUTHORIZATION,$DQ-DELR-TBLnnn
    -BTG AUTHORIZATION,$DQ-DISR-TBLnnn
    -UPD PERSON,developeruserid    (PROD)                               
    1003 RELT,AUTHORIZATION,$DQ-ADDR-TBLnnn (001),PER-ATZ-AUTH
    1003 RELT,AUTHORIZATION,$DQ-UPDR-TBLnnn (001),PER-ATZ-AUTH
    1003 RELT,AUTHORIZATION,$DQ-DELR-TBLnnn (001),PER-ATZ-AUTH
    /*

• 7.  RE: Re: How to update table and column security authorization in dataquery via batch

Posted Jun 11, 2019 07:57 AM
    Thanks Hope, that's the feedback I got from support also so planning to setup a similar process.