Datacom

View Only
  • 1.  How to create Ideal program Hierarchy

Posted Apr 28, 2016 01:43 AM

Hello Friends

I am looking to create tree or Hierarchy of ideal program calling.

In below example program A call B , B  Call C & C Call D , SO i am looking some utility or program that help I can generate such document.

Like :  A --> B--> C --> D

• 2.  Re: How to create Ideal program Hierarchy
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 28, 2016 03:49 AM

Good morning Badal,

CA Ideal distributes a sample application that is called EXPGEN that generates all the entity EXPORT statements (or just writes a report
    )  in the application substructure of the specified high-level program. Use this application as delivered or customize it according to individual requirements. Sample code can be downloaded from the CA Support website :

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/recommended-reading/technical-document-index/sample-programs-jcl-data-procedures.aspx?id=%7B19AC0890-4A58-4218-B2F5-98E851EF1D49%7D

This application is provided to be used with IDEAL's Source Transport Facility(IDUTSTRN).

Given a parameter specifying the root  program of an aplication, this program will follow all the  relationships recorded in datadictionary to retrieve the  sub-programs, panels and reports associated with the application  . This is done through Dictionary Service Facility (DSF) calls.  

You can run this program using MAP in the exec parameter to just generate a report of the program hierarchy .

Look at the comments in this program on how to use this EXPGEN application .

• 3.  Re: How to create Ideal program Hierarchy

Posted Apr 29, 2016 03:41 AM

thanks karina for reply ,

I am not able to access given link.

can you help me for same.

• 4.  Re: How to create Ideal program Hierarchy

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 29, 2016 03:52 AM

Hi Badal,

Does that mean that you have no login credentials to access support.ca.com  ?

If so, can you register ?

Thanks,

Karina.