Broadcom Customer Care

View Only
  • 1.  Goodbye Broadcom

Posted Mar 05, 2020 02:23 AM
    Edited by Jason McClellan Mar 06, 2020 04:57 PM

Thanks Broadcom for ruining our Symantec relationship, for adding stress to our daily operations and forcing us to take our enterprise business elsewhere.  You have completely mishandled the transition from Symantec and no doubt you will recover, but without this company and probably thousands of others.

Your tech support is clueless and as useless as a chocolate teapot.

Chris Carswell
    Managing Director
    Removed Email and Phone and footer @Jason McClellan

​​

• 2.  RE: Goodbye Broadcom

Community Manager
    Posted Mar 06, 2020 05:12 PM
    Edited by Jason McClellan Mar 06, 2020 05:30 PM
    Chris,
    First, I edited your post and removed your email, phone and footer.  We 
    We do not share that kind of info on the Broadcom Community and I know for a fact it wasn't allowed on Symantec Connect.

Next, change is hard.  Are you working with someone from support?
    I know wait times are high for both phone and web but out team is working through customer issues as quickly as possible. I know from your perspective you need help as quickly as possible and expect the same process as former Symantec.  We are five day out of a huge transformation.  I'm the Community Platform Admin so I can help with account posts and content.  The support team put together a list if links that may help you with the transition.

------------------------------
    Thank you
    Jason
    Community Platform Owner, IT
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Goodbye Broadcom

Posted Mar 09, 2020 02:48 AM

Hi

I can feel Chris pain and I feel the same way...

We have sold Symantec Enterprise Solutions for Endpoint Security and Exchange for almost 20 years now to our customers. Our customers trust us and the products we sell them. I feel now lost and frustated.

Some examples of my frustration with broadcom now:

• I'm waiting since NOVEMBER last year for the renewal of a customer license

• I lost all access to my customer licenses in the portal

• Last week I spent over ONE HOUR in the telephone queue of the hotline just to get some "support" who was clueless and not helpful

• I have to fight for every customer to get their data back in our support account altough I sold the licenses to our customers

• I can't download the latest Mail Security Version 7.9.2.62 - it is not shown in the download areas

• Mail Security does not support the latest CU of Exchange and I dont get any response from support (Ticket 31795659)
    We are already evaluating other solutions on the market and if the situation does not improve dramatically we will switch every customer to a different solution.

Best regards

Axel Kraegelius

• 4.  RE: Goodbye Broadcom

Posted Apr 28, 2020 06:18 PM
    Chris-
    Good news! Broadcom does have the download for version 7.9.2.62 of (S)MSME that you are looking for.
    I found it by turning up this article:
    https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?articleId=171663

You should look for "Symantec_Mail_Security_For_Microsoft_Exchange_7.9.1_MP1_AllWin_EN.exe" in your list of available downloads.

I just got done correcting Broadcom customer assistance person who emailed me this morning that 7.9.2.62 was not available for download.