Broadcom Customer Care

View Only
  • 1.  KB articles not available (API Gateway)

Posted Feb 12, 2020 09:26 AM
    When searching the support site Knowledge Base for (API Gateway) articles it produces a list of related articles. However when clicking the links it leads to a 404 not found on ca-broadcom.wolkenservicedesk.com. Can this be solved? The KB articles are a very usefull resource!

Thanks, Remco

• 2.  RE: KB articles not available (API Gateway)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 17, 2020 08:02 AM
    Hi Remco, 

To investigate this issue, could you please help us with the screenshot of the page and the keywords you are using to search for an article?

Regards, 
    Heena

------------------------------
    Regards, 
    Heena Tabassum
    Customer Care Community Admin
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: KB articles not available (API Gateway)

Posted Feb 24, 2020 03:27 AM
    Hello Heena,

Thanks for your reply. Currently I tried again to reach some KB articles and now it seems ok again. Since there are many dead links on the Broadcom website, I guess you're still in a transition?

sample of dead link:

BR

Remco

• 4.  RE: KB articles not available (API Gateway)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 25, 2020 10:19 AM
    Hi Remco, 

Most of the documents should be found by searching with the Keywords on techdocs.broadcom.com. There are some links that did not migrate over gracefully.  
    If there are any broken links, please help us with the URL so that we can reach out to our IT team and get it fixed (certificate or broken link).

Regards, 
    Heena

Regards, 
    Heena Tabassum
    Customer Care Community Admin
    Broadcom

• 5.  RE: KB articles not available (API Gateway)

Posted Feb 25, 2020 11:24 AM
    Hi Heena.

Apologies for infering with this thread, but please kindly relay to the IT (or managent?) team that a multitude of dead links can easily be found on broadcom.com ​alone, specificially when simply venturing just a few minutes into the areas of the web site that integrate Automic/CA things. See this recent thread (which, kudos, some colleagues from Broadcom already took note of) for actual examples of whole pages and subsections of 404's.

More importantly though, please relay to the deciders that several customers, not just myself, have pointed out several times in the past that commercial or free link checking tools exist.

This is purely my personal opinion, I don't know how Remco's mileage will be: But as a client I am willing to help companies that demonstrate some ability to help themselves. I can't justify to report every broken link I encounter with Broadcom/CA on my employer's dime, because that's way to many. And not only didn't Automic/CA/Broadcom, over that heritage, never demonstrate any effective willingness to address this very long standing problem on their own, making this already a very one sided give and take. Also, I (and surely others) have reported some bad links and also certificates here or in other ways, and found it not to be an effective or sometimes not even very pleasant experience.

For example: Broadcom is now owning support.automic.com and various other domains, and is redirecting them. Yet it has an expired SSL certificate, making the redirect insecure. I mentioned this one repeatedly. As with finding the majority of dead links on their own: surely Broadcom must have inherited a list of SSL certificates/domains it now owns from CA !?

I don't know your mileage, but when I research software and stumble upon something like the former Automic repository of web resources in it's current state, this makes me not want to buy that software. If that company is a major player in Automation, doubly so. It should really be in Broadcom's interrest to get proactive now. And if that inherited CA web stuff isn't salvageable in places, maybe it's time for Broadcom to own up to that, too.

Just my two cents.

Best,
    Carsten