Broadcom Customer Care

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Urgent Symantec SEP SBE Transition Help Required

• 1.  Urgent Symantec SEP SBE Transition Help Required

Posted Oct 29, 2020 11:33 PM

We're in the process of migrating from the soon to be discontinued Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition to Symantec Endpoint Security Enterprise.

We purchased our licenses through the Symantec e-commerce website. We have contacted various distributors and partners and have gotten nowhere with this, they all try and pass us to different companies or don't reply to our email in the first place. With next Monday being the deadline it is essential we get the licenses for SES as soon as possible. Please can you help.

• 2.  RE: Urgent Symantec SEP SBE Transition Help Required

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 30, 2020 01:11 AM

Hi Cobble,

Please connect with any of the dedicated contacts who are authorized to process the migration to SES.We have moved the EOL Dates from 2nd Nov 2020 to 16th Nov 2020 so that you get more time to process the migration.

If you still do not get any support from our partners you may escalate this issue further by creating a case with us. 
    Chat
    Contact Number
    Broadcom Support Portal

------------------------------
    Aparna GS
    Global Customer Assistance

• 3.  RE: Urgent Symantec SEP SBE Transition Help Required

Posted Nov 04, 2020 04:08 AM
    We have attempted to contact all of the dedicated contacts and have either been ignored or told that they are not a dedicated contact. We also have a support case open with you about the same issue and are not getting any response on there either despite being told on the phone last Friday that we would hear back from you on Monday. We keep getting sent the same support articles and told to do things we have clearly stated we have already done, we are getting nowhere. Someone at Broadcom needs to take responsibility for this and help us get the licenses we are entitled to.

• 4.  RE: Urgent Symantec SEP SBE Transition Help Required

Posted Nov 04, 2020 10:36 AM
    HI,
    I too have been struggling with trying to figure out how to get this resolved. The distributor I used as a partner was Ingram. Their licensing desk denies responsibility for Entitlements, emails to any of the Broadcom provided addresses (the above and Partner help email) go unanswered, etc.
    I have a number of clients who will be losing access to the portal and at this point I may just let the license term run out and switch products. I have lost confidence that Broadcom will be able to deliver on support issues moving forward or they just don't care about their partners.

GeoConcepts| Ltd

• 5.  RE: Urgent Symantec SEP SBE Transition Help Required

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 04, 2020 01:49 PM

Hello cneumann,

Do you have a ticket created for this? Please share the case number

Thank you!

Aparna GS

• 6.  RE: Urgent Symantec SEP SBE Transition Help Required

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 04, 2020 01:48 PM

Hi Cobble,

Please share the case number and I shall try to get this fixed.

Aparna GS

• 7.  RE: Urgent Symantec SEP SBE Transition Help Required

Posted Nov 04, 2020 12:44 PM

I could not agree more. I absolutely hate them. We have close to 3000 SEPC agents deployed.... On top of that they NEVER finished the migration from SBE. I hate hate hate them.

• 8.  RE: Urgent Symantec SEP SBE Transition Help Required

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 04, 2020 01:52 PM

Hi Kiarra,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. Kindly share the details by creating a case/ provide the incident number if you have already logged a case.I shall get this investigated further.

Aparna GS

• 9.  RE: Urgent Symantec SEP SBE Transition Help Required

Posted Nov 05, 2020 08:52 AM
    Hi Aparna,

Could you assist me further with this please? We have tried opening support cases in the past and they have been prematurely closed or archived whilst telling us to contact a partner or read a support article, both of which we keep making clear we have already tried. We're being sent in circles. Broadcom tell us to contact a distrubutor, the distributor tells us they're not a distributor and to contact Broadcom, Broadcom tell us to open a case, whoever responds to our case tells us to contact a distributor. It never ends.

• 10.  RE: Urgent Symantec SEP SBE Transition Help Required

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 05, 2020 11:25 AM

Hello Cobble, 

I would be glad to!

Kindly share of your previous ticket number to pull up the information and then I shall contact you from the case. Hope this works. If not you may message me your information Privately I shall review and take necessary action required.

Thank you very much!

Aparna GS

• 11.  RE: Urgent Symantec SEP SBE Transition Help Required

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 05, 2020 11:50 AM

Hi Cobble,

Thank you very much for the case numbers. 

Please be informed case 32347443 has been escalated to the internal contact to assist you with the migration.

Your issue is being addressed & you will be shortly updated.

Thank you!

Aparna GS

• 12.  RE: Urgent Symantec SEP SBE Transition Help Required

Posted Nov 11, 2020 10:35 AM

Hi,

Almost another week has passed and we are now within 5 days of SEPC being discontinued. If this is not resolved, we will be moving on to a different solution.

FYI- I have received no response from TechData about Entitlements

Thanks,
    Carl

• 13.  RE: Urgent Symantec SEP SBE Transition Help Required

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 12, 2020 01:45 PM

Hi cneumann

Thank you very much for your effort.

Kindly provide the case number if you have created an incident with us else message me privately your details - Name, Email address used to access the SEPC portal.

​Thank you & Good Day!

Aparna GS