Broadcom Customer Care

View Only
  • 1.  "Page greyed out" bug is back.

Posted Jul 30, 2020 04:00 AM
    Hola Broadcom.

You may not care (I mean, you ignored another forum bug demonstrating video of mine recently), but just in case, here's another regardless.

The bug where when you try to reply, it asks you if you want to discard a draft and then no matter what you do, greys out the page and doesn't let you do anything is back. It does not matter what you click; the page will be faded out and all you can do is press "F5", and then the cycle starts again. In the video, I want to reply to post #6, but the software only ever wants to let me reply to post #4. The only remedy I know is to go to the "discussion" list, find the thread in there again, open it up anew.

This bug has been with us for months in early 2020, and as you constantly keep shifting the goal post with this complexity hell has been gone for a few weeks, but now rears it's ugly head again.

https://youtu.be/daaBrmnw_hU

Cheers.​​

• 2.  RE: "Page greyed out" bug is back.

Community Manager
    Posted Jul 31, 2020 12:47 PM
    @Carsten Schmitz   Believe or not - all issues are checked and if warranted a ticket is opened with the vendor.    I believe in transparency if its broken causing pain we need to fix it but your constant slights or jabs like  "You may not care" are getting old.  I don't ignore posts or communications, but the water cooler is busy, my DM requests are busy,  email is busy,  ServiceNow tickets and Jira tickets are all busy places so if I do not respond instantly its a bandwidth issue - it's not personal.

All of the Support Team and Community Managers represent Broadcom - we all do our best to solve issues as quickly as possible.   There are dependencies downstream that affect the outcome.  In my case, I am dependant on the chosen vendor.

Questions from my vendor ticket:

1. For Carsten - Do you know if he is experiencing that issue on all threads or just that one post?
    2. For Jason to Test - If you impersonate him and try clicking the "Reply" button, do you get the same results?   I will impersonate on a new thread to see if I can replicate in my environment  ~jm
    3. For Jason - Have you heard any other users experiencing this issue as well?    -  I have not at this point  ~jm

CMGRS @Lenn Thompson@A L Johnson  @Christopher Hackett
    ​​​

------------------------------
    Thank you
    Jason
    Broadcom Community Platform Admin, IT

• 3.  RE: "Page greyed out" bug is back.

Posted Aug 03, 2020 06:14 AM
    I have not at this point  ~jm

FYI, @Michael Lowry reported the same thing many months ago.

Believe or not - all issues are checked and if warranted a ticket is opened with the vendor.    I believe in transparency if its broken causing pain we need to fix it but your constant slights or jabs like  "You may not care" are getting old.  I don't ignore posts or communications, but the water cooler is busy, my DM requests are busy,  email is busy,  ServiceNow tickets and Jira tickets are all busy places so if I do not respond instantly its a bandwidth issue - it's not personal.

@Jason McClellan Nobody ever said this is personal or that you specifically ignored anything, and yes, I am aware I am not exactly being a shill for how awesome Broadcom is. But I always take great care to address "Broadcom" as a whole, and I mean it, while you appear to be the one taking it personally recently.

If the Water Cooler and all other channels are too busy with complaints (and they are), Broadcom needs to cut down on the sources of problems (by slowing down and rethinking, i.e. righing some of the existing business decisions thoroughly). But it's clear that'll not be happening.

While I once more appreciate your testing, I said that this problem is again another one of a moving goal post, it happens on and off. I don't know how to do better than to submit actual video evidence about the end user experience.

From 2016 on, I have spent an ungodly amount of hours in Automic forums, and like many others (but really in volume just a handful of others, of which some have already been driven away by the looks if it), I have helped some people. There's testimonial to that. And by doing so, relieved Broadcom of supplying support themselves. All the while, Broadcom (again, as a whole) continues to be an exercise in utter frustration in almost every area of business I have had to interact with them in (not just the forum software), and seems hellbent on milking their acquisitions while appeasing clients with promises and sea lioning.

I can't close the account as a whole since the employer requires me to retain for emergencies, but I have lost interest in providing free Automic services under these circumstances. I will now unsubscribe from all of Broadcom's forums' digests.

@Michael A. Lowry
    @Tim Quakulinsky
    @FrankMuffke : you all know how to reach me on alternate channels.

Take care everyone.
    ​​​​​

• 4.  RE: "Page greyed out" bug is back.

Community Manager
    Posted Aug 04, 2020 02:02 PM

@Carsten Schmitz   Across the board - I appreciate all feedback as I've said over and over  - "good, bad and ugly" and we are continuing to work through enhancements and issues requested and on the roadmap. We have resolved a lot together with user feedback since launch but as noted the platform is far from perfect.  The Water Cooler is the Community Member place to continue to call out issues and engage with me and the CMGRs.

I shared my frustration and lack of bandwidth, which is probably too much transparency.  My apologies.

Our Community is successful based on member engagement and working with us on the support side and on the platform side.   My main goal as the Community Platform Admin is to keep the platform running as smoothly as possible.  My pledge is to continue to keep the bug fixes and enhancements coming via the vendor as quickly as possible.

Jason

CMGRS @Lenn Thompson,  @A L Johnson  @Christopher Hackett

@Michael A. Lowry
    @Tim Quakulinsky
    @FrankMuffke

​​

Thank you
    Jason

• 5.  RE: "Page greyed out" bug is back.

Community Manager
    Posted Jul 31, 2020 01:34 PM
    @Carsten Schmitz   - went in emulation mode under your account and tried to follow the video.   I created a few drafts you will see in your contributions section  (please delete when you have a second) but did not see a grey screen or any blocker.   There as a lag in transition but all started new posts and replies were saved under drafts.  I am using windows 10, chrome over high speed GIG connection + corporate VPN and Firewall.   I had no issue deleting either.      As with a lot of these issues, there are many factors that I or the vendor cannot duplicate to recreate the initial issue.
     ​

Thank you
    Jason