Broadcom Customer Care

View Only
  • 1.  Case#32248962} ## Registration Request - site access - A comment has been added to your case

Posted Sep 28, 2020 02:56 PM
    We have purchased licenses for symantec endppoint protection and are trying to get access to the site to download the latest software.

I have received an email saying the following and that a comment had been added to my case
    "Please grant the Requester access to the site.

You can also attach the approval to the case if obtained separately.

If we do not receive the approval email within the next 2 business days, we will not be able to accept your enrollment. However, you will be able to re-enroll when you have an approval ready.

If you have any questions regarding registration or access, please post on our Customer Care Community"

Which is not even remotely helpful and gives 0 help or instruction as to how to do what is being aske except for attaching approval to the case.
    I didn't even know I had a case open and either way am unable to access/view the case as doing so requires site access which is what i am trying to get.
    I have tried to contact broadcom support and again need site access to be able to do that.
    Is it me or has this process been made unnecessarily complicated and with lack of common sense?
    All I want is to able to access the software my school has paid for and install it without having to waste hours of my time feeling stuck in a loop trying to get access to something I should have and not being able to get the support needed to do so.

• 2.  RE: Case#32248962} ## Registration Request - site access - A comment has been added to your case

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 28, 2020 03:05 PM
    Hi King Edward

Thank you for bringing this to our notice. 
    There was a glitch in the system which has been fixed now and you should be receiving another email with the instructions. Please let me know if you don't receive it.

------------------------------
    Regards, 
    Heena Tabassum
    Customer Care Community Admin
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: Case#32248962} ## Registration Request - site access - A comment has been added to your case

Posted Sep 29, 2020 03:44 AM
    Hi Heena

As i said in my original post, I want to be able to access the software downloads so i can obtain the most up-to-date software version available to us.
    Please can you advise how to do this.

• 4.  RE: Case#32248962} ## Registration Request - site access - A comment has been added to your case

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 29, 2020 02:46 PM
    Hi king, 

To get access to your downloads, you will have to upgrade your account and add the site id to your profile. Please refer to the following link for the steps: 

https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?articleId=142873&_ga=2.58589352.320207318.1601196835-1003823201.1598775055

I reviewed your case and determined that your email domain does not appear to be associated with the company name which you are requesting access for. To process your enrollment, we require an approval from the requested site. Email has been sent to you, please
    have the approver reply to that email with the approval. Once we receive the approval, your request will be processed.
    One of our representative will contact you tomorrow to explain you the process in detail and assist you further.

Regards, 
    Heena Tabassum
    Customer Care Community Admin
    Broadcom