Broadcom Customer Care

View Only
  • 1.  The current Broadcom survey

Posted Mar 16, 2021 09:56 AM
    Edited by Carsten Schmitz Mar 16, 2021 10:19 AM
    Hi Broadcom.

You are currently emailing me (and presumably many other customers) about completing a survey. You keep reiterating in your emails that there is a chance to win $500 in return.

Apart from the fact that I could (or would) not accept any compensation in money (and I do hope that most, or every enterprise has codes of conducts to that effect), I am generally a curious person. As such, I decided to read your promotional partner's terms of service.

These say that the contest is limited to, I quote, legal residents of the U.S., excluding Puerto Rico and Rhode Island.

If you're repeatedly and knowingly emailing international corporate clients, maybe you'd either want to mention prominently in your own emails that most respondents could not possibly ever qualify, or alternatively find a sweepstakes partner who is enabled to cater to a world outside of the USA.

Sincerely,

• 2.  RE: The current Broadcom survey

Posted Mar 17, 2021 04:52 AM
    Hi @Carsten Schmitz,

I received the same survey and to be honest, I didn't even notice the $500 prize drawing..
    In my company we are not allowed to receive prizes or gifts and should I win, I will have to decline.

/Keld.

• 3.  RE: The current Broadcom survey

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 17, 2021 05:07 AM
    Hi Carsten Schmitz

None of our surveys - relationship, support or customer care offer chances to win. Could you please send us the copy of that survey?

------------------------------
    Regards, 
    Heena Tabassum
    Customer Care Community Admin
    Broadcom

• 4.  RE: The current Broadcom survey

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 17, 2021 06:38 AM
    Hi Community,

My apologies on this one, I forgot to switch off the TechValidate prize draw offer on this survey when I set it up. They do include a regional disclaimer on the survey but it should not have been offered in the first instance.

The purpose of the survey is to understand customers level of knowledge on TLS and certificate types and manager to make sure we offered the right level of education to customers as we move to Automic Automation v21 and its use of TLS and certificates. 

I will make certain I deactivate the prize draw offer for future surveys.

Tony

Product Marketing
    Broadcom