Broadcom Customer Care

View Only
  • 1.  Symantec DCS Issue in AWS EMR

Posted Sep 14, 2020 12:49 PM
    Has anyone had a similar experience with DCS agent installation on AWS EMR or Hadoop clusters? Basically, we are launching an AWS EMR cluster and trying to install DCS agent on the nodes. When we launch the cluster with an Amazon Machine Image that already has the DCS agent it is failing to launch the cluster. Logs seem to indicate the DCS agent is blocking the core nodes from being launched. As a second approach, the EMR cluster was launched without the DCS agent and it works fine. We then installed the DCS agent on the master node and it installs with some errors. On the core nodes, we cannot install the DCS agents and that installation keeps failing. Is there something that precludes DCS from being installed on the core nodes?

I checked the security groups, I checked ports, etc and all look to be correct.

Any guidance/suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you!

• 2.  RE: Symantec DCS Issue in AWS EMR

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 14, 2020 09:20 PM

Hi Arthur,

Thank you for raising the concern.

Please direct this to the forum dedicated for DCS - https://community.broadcom.com/symantecenterprise/communities/community-home?CommunityKey=a6ae9507-737d-42af-8374-7b1974fa0a83

Good Day!

Regards, 
    Aparna GS
    Broadcom Customer Care    

• 3.  RE: Symantec DCS Issue in AWS EMR

Posted Oct 22, 2020 05:03 PM
    Edited by Kimberly Johnson Oct 23, 2020 06:14 AM
    I am launching an EMR cluster and am trying to install Symantec DCS agent on the node. When trying to launch the cluster with an AMI which already has DCS agen on the AMI it fails to launch the cluster. Logs seem to indicate that the DCS agent is blocking the core nodes from launching. I was thinking maybe application control policies on the agent? I've never seen this before and wanted to see if anyone has come across this.
    Thanks!