Broadcom Customer Care

View Only
  • 1.  Transitioning from SEP Cloud or SEP SBE to SESE

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 26, 2020 08:12 AM
    Edited by Heena Tabassum Mar 12, 2021 08:39 AM

Note: The EOL date for SEP SBE & SEPC has been moved from November 2, 2020 to 7th December, 2020.

Symantec Enterprise Division is terminating the Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud (SEP Cloud) and Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition (SEP SBE) services, effective 7th December, 2020. 

After November 16, 2020, customers will not be able to access the cloud console, and the endpoints managed via SEP Cloud and SEP SBE will not be protected. 

We are transitioning SEP Cloud and SEP SBE customers from their current product to Symantec Endpoint Protection Security Enterprise (SES Enterprise).

While straight-forward, the transition process is not automated or forced. You will need to perform the transition yourself. While you take the steps necessary to transition, your SEP Cloud or your SEP SBE deployment will continue to work and protect your devices. You can find instructions on how to transition to SES Enterprise HERE.

SEP Cloud/SEP SBE License Extension

If your license has an expiration date between November 1, 2019 and October 30, 2020, we have extended your license of SEP Cloud or SEP SBE to October 31, 2020, to allow more time for the transition. If your license has an expiration date after October 31, 2020, there is no change.  

New SES Enterprise Entitlement

• If you have an active, pre-paid subscription that you purchased through a distributor, you should have received three emails directing you on how to activate your SES Enterprise entitlement. 
      • The first, originating from e-delivery@broadcom.com, contained a Broadcom-issued entitlement and contract information for a free subscription to Symantec Endpoint Security Enterprise.  This email was sent both to the distributor and to the customer technical contact email address provided to Symantec at the time of purchase. 
      • A second email provided access to Symantec Endpoint Security Enterprise in the cloud and originated from cyberdefense@saas.broadcom.com
      • The third email, originating from e-delivery@broadcom.com, included the license key and other information for an on-premises deployment.  If you have an active, pre-paid subscription through a distributor and have not received an entitlement, you should contact support.
    • If you have a monthly subscription that you purchased through the marketplace, you should contact your distribution partner to request assistance with ordering your Symantec Endpoint Security Enterprise entitlement.  Refer to the list of distributors below who are ready to receive monthly subscriptions.   

We currently have several partners that are live on the new Marketplace platform. If you do not have a partner, you can Find a Partner who purchases through one of our Marketplace Distributors below. 

• AMS/LATAM - Synnex
      • AMS/EMEA- Tech Data
      • EMEA - Arrow
      • AMS/EMEA/APJ- Ingram Micro
      • EMEA - ALSO
      • EMEA - Microwarehouse
      • EMEA - Inty
      • EMEA - IT101/Destiny
    • If you have an active subscription that you purchased through Symantec's eCommerce site or any alternative ordering route, you should contact one of the following distribution partners to request assistance with ordering your Symantec Endpoint Security Enterprise entitlement. 

Once you have received access, please visit the Symantec Endpoint Security Enterprise portal, and start migrating your current product's configuration to Symantec Endpoint Security Enterprise

------------------------------
    Regards, 
    Heena Tabassum
    Customer Care Community Admin
    Broadcom

• 2.  RE: Transitioning from SEP Cloud or SEP SBE to SESE

Posted Oct 26, 2020 11:34 PM
    Hi Heena,

I received this message a week ago.  I tried calling Broadcom, send emails and tried to renew via "Renew Now" button below.  I did not get any help from anywhere.  I do not know why it Is so difficult to reach Broadcom.  I just saw your message. Kindly, let me know what should I do and what is the easy steps to renew.  I bought from Symantec. My email is as follows:

owner@a2zprecisemedicalbilling

Munawar Hussain
    734-748-2292

• 3.  RE: Transitioning from SEP Cloud or SEP SBE to SESE

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 27, 2020 09:48 AM

Hi Fatima Hussain

Sorry for the delay in my response. If you have a monthly subscription that you purchased through the marketplace, you should contact your distribution partner to request assistance with ordering your Symantec Endpoint Security Enterprise entitlement. Refer to the list of distributors below who are ready to receive monthly subscriptions.
    We currently have several partners that are live on the new Marketplace platform. If you do not have a partner, you can Find a Partner who purchases through one of our Marketplace Distributors below.

AMS/LATAM - Synnex
    AMS/EMEA- Tech Data
    EMEA - Arrow
    AMS/EMEA/APJ- Ingram Micro
    EMEA - ALSO
    EMEA - Microwarehouse
    EMEA - Inty
    EMEA - IT101/Destiny

If you have an active subscription that you purchased through Symantec's eCommerce site or any alternative ordering route, you should contact one of the following distribution partners to request assistance with ordering your Symantec Endpoint Security Enterprise entitlement.
    AMS/LATAM - Synnex
    For Direct support, contact: broadcom@cbisecure.com
    AMS/EMEA- Tech Data
    For Direct support, contact: Broadcom-GCSP@techdata.com
    EMEA - Arrow
    For Direct support, contact: Arrow SES Enterprise Entitlement Transition
    AMS/EMEA/APJ- Ingram Micro
    Please refer to the Partner Locator to work with a reseller who purchases from Ingram

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Regards, 
    Heena Tabassum
    Customer Care Community Admin
    Broadcom

• 4.  RE: Transitioning from SEP Cloud or SEP SBE to SESE

Posted Nov 10, 2020 06:43 AM
    I purchased directly through Symantec and have been getting the run around from Broadcom for the last 15 days on this.  They repeatedly say that they are working on it but I am not convinced, especially after seeing some of the posts here.

I am extremely dissapointed and frustrated with all of this.

Pre-paid M3711269956 55 licenses 12/16/2019 8/17/2022 645 days

Can you please assist?

Thank you, 

John Bennett

• 5.  RE: Transitioning from SEP Cloud or SEP SBE to SESE

Posted Nov 03, 2020 09:57 PM

I purchased a 3 year multi-endpoint license for SEP SBE Cloud in March 2019, directly from Symantec.

I emailed Synnex via the direct support email two weeks ago.  No response at all.

I emailed Tech Data two weeks ago.  They responded that they would refer me to one of their partners. No further response.  I emailed again to the person sending the "I'll get you a partner" message.  No further response.

I went to the Partner Locator for Ingram.  How can you tell which of the many entities are Ingram partners, not just Broadcom partners?  No luck so far.

My license for SEP SBE Cloud extends through March 2022.  May I get a refund of the half the original March 2019 payment rather than this run-around?