Broadcom Customer Care

View Only
  • 1.  Need Site ID

Posted Jun 24, 2020 02:04 PM
    Hi,

My company uses SEP Cloud and I'm the admin. I purchased our licences through CDW, which no longer has any information regarding my Symantec licence since the switch to Broadcom.  I'm trying to make the transition to SES as advised.  I have my Braodcom account set up and I'm able to log in to https://support.broadcom.com/security.  If I click My Entitlements, Case Management, or Product Downloads, it says I don't have any sites to access and provides a link to raise Site Access Request.  Clicking that link takes me to a page where I can edit my Profile.  I don't have a Site Id/Serial Number to add to my profile (I tried to use the serial number I found in my SEP Cloud client, but that didn't work).  When I click the link at the top of the page for more help, it takes me to KB144066 which states I should have received it in my ESD email.  I never received an ESD email from Broadcom, as I purchased SEP Cloud from CDW.

If I click the link "How to get access to a site id" it takes me to KB142873 which, in step 4. tells me to enter the site ID...which I don't have.  If I click the link in step four to contact Broadcom Customer Care, I can open a case or call.  If I click the link to open a case, I get an error message, "User is not active in system.  Please Contact your admin.  I'm the admin.  So I contacted myself and suggested that I try calling the support number instead.

When I called the support number, they asked for the serial number.  The only serial number I have she said was invalid. 

I went back to KB144066 and clicked another link:  Customer Care Web Form.  The first required field is Site Id.  I used the serial number from my SEP Cloud client and it took it.  So we'll see.  

Anyway, I'm pursuing that avenue, but I thought I might try this one, too.

Can you tell me what my site ID is?  Can I be made the admin in our Broadcom account (like I am in my symantec account)?  Do I just need to let the clock run out on my current SEP Cloud and start over with Kaspersky or ESET in the fall?

• 2.  RE: Need Site ID
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 24, 2020 04:52 PM
    If you open up your SEP Cloud page and click on settings-subscriptions.  Your Site ID is the Support ID minus the letters.  Just the numbers after the letters and dash.

• 3.  RE: Need Site ID

Posted Jun 24, 2020 05:22 PM

Thanks Mark!  That worked.

And with any good solution, comes new problems.  I have a single licence for our server which has one Support ID, and another licence for 130 devices.  Which one do I use with Broadcom?  I've actually entered both on different occasions.

In the Edit Profile page, I've used both, it has accepted both, and it has said that I have upgraded my account. However, I've noticed two things. 

One:  When I revisit the page, it doesn't remember the Site Id field like it remembers all the other mandatory fields like name and address. 

Two:  Nothing changes functionally.  I still don't have access to Case Management, My Entitlements, or Product Downloads.  For all three, It redirects me to the Edit Profile Page to raise Site Access Request.  Again.

Any thoughts how I can get out of this futility loop?

• 4.  RE: Need Site ID

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 24, 2020 05:39 PM

Hi Kurt, 

When you submit a request for registering to your Site ID, it goes into a queue for review. Once it is approved, you should be able to see all your licenses and entitled products. At this time, I'd request you to wait for your Site ID access to be approved as it is currently under review. You can expect this to be completed soon (You will receive an email confirmation after approval). If after the access is approved, you are unable to see your licenses or products, let us know and we will work with you to get it resolved ASAP. 

Regards,

Aslam