Broadcom Customer Care

View Only
  • 1.  Unrealistic Symantec Transition Timeline

Posted Apr 29, 2020 11:03 AM
    We first heard of the requirement to switch our Symantec Logins to Broadcom on April 27. I now see that the Symantec logins will be terminated on May 1. This is a ridiculously short timeline. We have no resources to assist our staff make the transition, and based on my experiences creating the Broadcom account, 90% of our staff are going to need assistance doing so -- the process was terrible. Fort example despite having an account I cannot gain any access to technical support (hence a post here).

This is a fantastic example of how not to manage a major transition/company buyout and alienate onboarding customers.

What do we need? The May 1 deadline to be dropped for something much more realistic so we can help our users transition. And, based on current experience, the time to reasearch ans migrate to an alternate provider.

• 2.  RE: Unrealistic Symantec Transition Timeline

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 30, 2020 12:03 PM
    Hi Gary Allman

I understand it was a short notice and we are trying our best to assist our customers with the issues during this migration. Nothing is going to change in the backend, only symantec login has changed to broadcom login to have a consistent login for all the Broadcom Portals. To activate and create a Broadcom Account, please have all the users follow the steps mentioned in the link below:
    https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?articleId=189807

To validate your access for the technical support, please help me with your email id and and the serial number privately. Also, in future, if you need any assistance with your account, please feel free to contact Customer Care Team by submitting the request using the Webform.

------------------------------
    Regards, 
    Heena Tabassum
    Customer Care Community Admin
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------