Broadcom Customer Care

View Only
  • 1.  Problems creating case

Posted Mar 03, 2020 11:24 AM
      |   view attached
    Hi,

I would like you to help me, because I have been trying to create a case but it asks me for the release; What is this?.

I tried the version of the antivirus product but it didn't function (<mat-error _ngcontent-c33="" class="mat-error ng-star-inserted" role="alert" id="mat-error-53">Please select valid Release from Dropdown</mat-error>). Could you help me please?

Best regards.

------------------------------
    Oskar Sanchez

• 2.  RE: Problems creating case

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 03, 2020 04:20 PM
    Hello,

Based on the screenshot it appears you may be trying to find support for a Symantec product.  The community that this was posted in is for a different product group and we don't have the expertise to assist.  You should be able to find the appropriate group in this area of the community: https://community.broadcom.com/symantecenterprise/home

• 3.  RE: Problems creating case

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 11, 2020 04:13 AM
    Edited by Heena Tabassum Mar 11, 2020 04:43 AM
    Hi Sonda Seguridad

As per the error message, it looks like you are trying to enter the release instead of selecting it from the dropdown.
    For the release drop-down, click on the release field, a drop-down appears, select the appropriate release and try to submit the case. 

Regards, 
    Heena

Regards, 
    Heena Tabassum
    Customer Care Community Admin
    Broadcom

• 4.  RE: Problems creating case

Posted May 02, 2020 02:32 PM
    Hi Heena,
    I also run into the same problem. There is no drop-down menu.
    no-dropdown-menu

It is the same for the field "Company name". There is no drop-down menu to select my company name. My Profile does not contain the Company name as well.

• 5.  RE: Problems creating case

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 04, 2020 02:42 PM
    Hi Veselin Chekuhchev

I would suggest you to clear cache cookies, login to support portal and try to access the case management (Recommended browser is Chrome). If this is not resolving the issue, please help me with your email address privately to validate your account access and assist you further.

Regards, 
    Heena Tabassum
    Broadcom

• 6.  RE: Problems creating case

Posted May 04, 2020 03:03 PM
    Edited by Veselin Chekuhchev May 05, 2020 09:01 AM
    Hi Heena,
    First of all, thank you for your reply!
    I have tried Chrome and other Internet browsers (all with cleared cache and cookies). I successfully logged in to Support Portal (https://ca-broadcom.wolkenservicedesk.com/esd/mycases) on all of them (and accepted the website' cookies), but when I try to create a new case I don't see drop-down menus for the Company and Release fields. I do have a drop-down menu only for the Severity. See the attached screenshot.
    Best regards,

VESELIN CHEKUHCHEV 

• 7.  RE: Problems creating case

Posted May 05, 2020 09:12 AM
    Hi Heena,
    The problem is resolved.
    The product was not registered. I had to provide the Site ID in order to do so. I was waiting ~30 minutes on a call to get the missing part.
    Once the product was entitled, I have the drop-down menus for Product, the Company name is listed automatically, Severity, and Release.

• 8.  RE: Problems creating case

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 05, 2020 07:28 PM
    Hi Veselin Chekuhchev

Thank you for the update. We're glad to hear you were able to get the issue resolved.

Regards, 
    Heena Tabassum
    Broadcom