Broadcom Customer Care

View Only
  • 1.  Licensed Expired

Posted Apr 01, 2021 03:44 AM
    I am posting this in the hope that someone can guide me on how to get this fubar fixed.

I recently found out that my subscription to Symantec Endpoint Security was no longer active.

We renewed back in January as far as I was aware.

Well it seems that the reseller issued a new SITE ID and now i have two SITE ID.

Not knowing why my subscription expired, i contacted support and explained that i have two SITE ID.

Where by they sent me an email to say how i could request access to the new SITE ID (How does this help with my subscription being expired?)

After two days i am none the wiser on how i can get my expired subscription to be active again, apart from maybe buying duplicate licenses under the correct SITE ID.

Email support is like talking to a 5 yr old on where babies come from.

• 2.  RE: Licensed Expired

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 08, 2021 05:34 AM
    Hi matt_cheung

The contract might have got renewed under a different site id. I will have to check your Symantec Endpoint Security account to validate if your account is associated to that the renewed licenses. I sent you a private email, please help me with the details to investigate on this issue.

------------------------------
    Regards, 
    Heena Tabassum
    Customer Care Community Admin
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: Licensed Expired

Posted Apr 27, 2021 05:51 AM
    Apologies for the long absence, support were finally able to assist. One side effect of this is that some of my existing admin accounts go deleted, but i can live with this, now that my endpoints are fully protected again.

The process appears to be requesting admin access to the new site ID and then a support ticket to request that the new licenses be transferred, this all takes a few days.

• 4.  RE: Licensed Expired

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 30, 2021 11:03 AM
    Hi matt_cheung

Thank you for the update. Glad that support was able to help you.

Regards, 
    Heena Tabassum
    Customer Care Community Admin
    Broadcom