Broadcom Customer Care

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

I don't have a Site ID

• 1.  I don't have a Site ID

Posted Apr 30, 2020 11:56 AM
    We are a Symantec Email Security.cloud customer (by way of Echoworx).  I do not have a Site ID.  I have a Support ID (which Broadcom rejects), but not a Site ID.  I have no idea what they are talking about.  We signed up years ago with Echoworx (out of Canada) and they use Symantec Email Security.cloud as their back end.

I waited on hold for 40 minutes yesterday only to be told that they can't help me obtain a Site ID

I am worried that I am going to be shut out of everything starting May 1.  

Can anyone point me in the right direction?  And please, not a chat bot...perhaps a live human being who can actually do something.

• 2.  RE: I don't have a Site ID

Posted Apr 30, 2020 12:24 PM
    Yeah, you can call the customer support, but pretty much since you don't have a site ID you are not a customer, and since you are not a customer, you cannot get any resolution. 

I have been calling customer support for 2 days now.  And after being on hold for 1 hour, I usually get to the point where the call center realizes I have a valid problem and they need to fix it and the line hangs up.  (note I have been on hold for an hour without it disconnecting).   The only time that this didn't happen was when I immediately asked for a refund, in which the lady said I need to get with the person that sold me their product.  When I told her that I bought it from Symantec 2 years ago, then it hung up early.

For me, it is now a balance between.  Buying a new product now and just eat the loss, buy a new product now and keep working to get a refund for my remaining support, keep trying to fight through this until December when my licenses run out.

But if you google this merger, you can see that most folks said this exactly would happen.

• 3.  RE: I don't have a Site ID

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 30, 2020 12:45 PM
    Edited by Heena Tabassum Apr 30, 2020 12:45 PM
    Hi All, 

Sorry for the inconvenience. Let me see what best I can do for you.
    Could you please help me with more details like the serial number, company name and the contract number privately? 

------------------------------
    Regards, 
    Heena Tabassum
    Customer Care Community Admin
    Broadcom

• 4.  RE: I don't have a Site ID

Posted Apr 30, 2020 04:22 PM
    Hello Heena Tabassum

I am having the same trouble.  Could I also send you the serial number of my product. This is the first time using a forum. I hope this works.  Will you be contacting me.  I hope so.  I think you may be the one who can help us all.  thanks

• 5.  RE: I don't have a Site ID

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 30, 2020 04:43 PM
    Edited by Mohammed Aslam Shah Khan Apr 30, 2020 04:44 PM

Hi Linda, 

Yes, request you to share the serial number of your product as well as company name with @Heena Tabassum privately so she can get back to you. 

Thanks,

Aslam

​​

• 6.  RE: I don't have a Site ID

Posted May 07, 2020 10:08 AM
    I have the same problem.  How to give you my serial number and other information?  Thanks.

• 7.  RE: I don't have a Site ID

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 07, 2020 10:09 AM
    Hi Murphy Chan

I sent you an email privately for the details.

Regards, 
    Heena Tabassum
    Broadcom

• 8.  RE: I don't have a Site ID

Posted Apr 30, 2020 12:39 PM
    I am experiencing the same issue. I have tried my Symantec serial number and my Symantec account number. The Broadcom site accepts neither.
    They must have one person at the help desk.
    Without a site ID, you cannot get anywhere.

• 9.  RE: I don't have a Site ID

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 04, 2020 02:13 PM
    Hi Linda Luxi

I believe you got the site id for your company. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Hi Dennis Kroger,

I sent you an email privately with the site id details. If you need any further assistance, please let us know. 

Regards, 
    Heena Tabassum
    Broadcom

• 10.  RE: I don't have a Site ID

Posted May 04, 2020 02:17 PM

I don't have a Site ID. I have a number serial ... help me too please. 

• 11.  RE: I don't have a Site ID

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 05, 2020 07:34 PM
    Hi moussa ABDRAMAN

Please help me with the serial number privately. Let me see if I can find a valid site id for you.

Regards, 
    Heena Tabassum
    Broadcom

• 12.  RE: I don't have a Site ID

Posted May 05, 2020 07:36 PM
      |   view attached

• 13.  RE: I don't have a Site ID

Posted Jun 01, 2020 08:53 AM
    Edited by Heena Tabassum Jun 01, 2020 08:53 AM
    My number serial is M*********7 (Comment has been edited. Please avoid posting private information like site id, contact number, serial number etc. on a public forum - Heena) 

• 14.  RE: I don't have a Site ID

Posted May 07, 2020 03:42 AM
    Edited by Carsten Schmitz May 07, 2020 03:43 AM
    Pro Tip:

​You might not want to post serial numbers in a forum that is open to every living being. This thing is even indexed by Google. I strongly recommend you edit the information out, at least before it gets indexed by Google and other search engines.

Best regards.

(edit: nevermind. Your serial# is long in Google now).

# signature.sh --verbose=[true|false]
    # no configurables beyond this point, only signature

Does using the slide show widget for posting individual images spread Corona? Don't take the risk, use the "insert image" button in the editor!

Did you know? I will NOT respond to PM asking for help unless there's an actual reason to keep the discussion off of the public forums!

"Efficient Solutions Monthly Magazine" says: These contain very good advise on asking good questions. No, you do not need StackExchange for Automic, but asking questions the right way never hurts:

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html

• 15.  RE: I don't have a Site ID

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 07, 2020 10:08 AM
    Hi moussa ABDRAMAN

It's a box product and for further assistance, please contact your vendor from where you made the purchase. 

Note: Please avoid posting sensitive information on public forum. It would be great if you could edit your comment and remove the serial number and the attachment.

Regards, 
    Heena Tabassum
    Broadcom

• 16.  RE: I don't have a Site ID

Posted May 08, 2020 11:29 AM
    Dear @Heena Tabassum

We have sent serial no via Private message to you and license copy , look forwar​d to your advise 

not able to activate 
    and they dont have Site ID to open case , Kindly advise.

Also submitted License activation issue via Customer Web Care Request form   Reference ID is: 31904594. still no reply.

Please advise.

• 17.  RE: I don't have a Site ID

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 10, 2020 01:47 PM
    Hi Om Perkash

I reviewed your serial number and the screenshot. It's a box product and you will have to contact your vendor from where the purchase was made. Hope this helps!

Regards, 
    Heena Tabassum
    Broadcom

• 18.  RE: I don't have a Site ID

Posted May 26, 2020 07:26 AM
    Hi Heena,

I face the same problem as well. How do i get a site ID. I am a Symantec CWP customer. I have a support id, domain id etc. Tried everything but couldn't work.

• 19.  RE: I don't have a Site ID

Posted May 26, 2020 07:29 AM
    Hi,

I bought the product directly from AWS Marketplace? So I am supposed to ask AWS for it?

• 20.  RE: I don't have a Site ID

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 01, 2020 09:05 AM
    Hi Xiaoguo Pok

Yes, AWS should be providing you with your Site Id. However, let me check if I can find a valid site id for you.
    I sent you an email privately, please help me with more details.

Regards, 
    Heena Tabassum
    Broadcom

• 21.  RE: I don't have a Site ID

Posted Jun 01, 2020 10:54 AM
    I have the same problem, not knowing our site ID or support number so I cannot access support, can you please advice me of ours?
    Thanks in advance.

• 22.  RE: I don't have a Site ID

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 02, 2020 05:13 AM
    Hi itdriftkoordinator

Please help me with more details to find a valid site id. I sent you an email privately. 

Regards, 
    Heena Tabassum
    Broadcom

• 23.  RE: I don't have a Site ID

Posted Jun 04, 2020 11:22 AM
    Edited by David Escobedo Jun 05, 2020 02:38 AM
    Hi Heena.

We have the same problem here. We need a Site ID so we are able to use the Broadcom website. I will send you our serial number through a PM and I hope you can help us.

Thanks in advance.