Broadcom Customer Care

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Activate your Broadcom Account

• 1.  Activate your Broadcom Account

Posted Apr 27, 2020 02:56 PM
    All of our users - not just the administrators - have been receiving an email asking them to "Activate your Broadcom Account " when they have Symantec cloud products.  Do they ALL really need Broadcom accounts if they just have Symantec Endpoint AV on one office machine & no need to access the portal?  Any support would be requested by the admins.   Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Activate your Broadcom Account

Posted Apr 27, 2020 11:36 PM
    Hi I had the same issue as all my user got this email to activate and we are use symantec cloud  product

• 3.  RE: Activate your Broadcom Account

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 29, 2020 04:17 AM
    Hi All, 

The activation emails were sent to the users who hold NSL(Norton Secure Login) accounts.This is a part of ongoing migration from Symantec to Broadcom systems, Symantec products that currently rely on NSL as their Identity Provider will be transitioning to Okta. As a result, active customer NSL accounts will be migrated to the new platform and users will be required to re-activate their account via a password reset link before authenticating to their respective product portals.

For more details, please refer to the document Symantec ICD Platform NSL to Okta Migration Notice.

------------------------------
    Regards, 
    Heena Tabassum
    Customer Care Community Admin
    Broadcom

• 4.  RE: Activate your Broadcom Account

Posted Apr 29, 2020 11:02 AM
    Will my SEP product continue to work after May 1, 2020?
    I have an old SEP of 12.1.2100.2093 and cannot access the latest version to download, or access anything. I can log in, but that is it.

• 5.  RE: Activate your Broadcom Account

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 30, 2020 10:06 AM
    Hi Steve Sumner

Nothing has changed in the back-end as long as you have active entitlements for the product. Only the logins have changed. It was a symantec login and we changed it to broadcom login to have a consistent login for all the Broadcom Portals. 

If you are facing any issues, please contact our Customer Care Team by submitting the request form.

Regards, 
    Heena Tabassum
    Broadcom

• 6.  RE: Activate your Broadcom Account

Posted Apr 30, 2020 11:28 AM
    Heena – do I understand this correctly – that the new login only applies to the portal and that the actual Symantec product will continue to work (presuming it was previously activated) regardless of whether a user creates a new portal login?   Please clarify.  Thanks.

• 7.  RE: Activate your Broadcom Account

Posted Apr 30, 2020 11:11 AM
    Same here - and they are NOT NSL account holders.
    We only use Symantec Endpoint Cloud -- 
    my END USERS do not access the dashboard, only I as admin do.

At such a time as this, why are you sending my users these emails which is confusing everyone and causing so much more angst.

Sue Magnuson
    FPCSR
    CA

• 8.  RE: Activate your Broadcom Account

Posted May 01, 2020 11:29 AM
    we do not hold NSL(Norton Secure Login) accounts. we ONLY use the Symantec end cloud product. My users have never logged into Symantec; I set up their devices for them and everything has been working just fine. Now they are receiving these emails to activate a broadcom account for which they are coming to me to ask whether this is legitimate emails or phishing -- please stop sending my end users emails and respond directly and only to me as the admin for my organization. 

1) Do they really need to activate an account on broadcom if simply a user on Symantec Endpoint? 
    2) Will the emails stop going to all my users?

Sue Magnuson
    FPCSR
    CA

• 9.  RE: Activate your Broadcom Account

Posted Apr 29, 2020 11:01 AM
    Well - seems that something in the migration process went wrong. Unfortunatly I see my company name - but other clients information (Address, Name etc). I tried to open a ticket - which will not work, without the Site ID. If you do not have a Site ID - you can request it... only if you have a valid Site ID - yeah, great.
    Well Phone Support - they can not find my Symantec Licenses... so I am not a "valid" client, as the lady mentioned on the phone.
    After I asked her several times - how to fix this, she simply hangs up.

So - login to new Portal with Okra is possilbe - with other account infomation. All my licenses are not there... as I do not have a Site ID - and, seems I can not get one. If I look in my old portal - everything is listed fine.

I have an Symantec Endpoint Protection - Small Business Edition. Can you guide me - or give me a contact to a "real" support person?
    Bjoern

• 10.  RE: Activate your Broadcom Account

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 30, 2020 10:27 AM
    Edited by Heena Tabassum Apr 30, 2020 10:28 AM
    Hi Bjoern Roethig

Sorry for the inconvenience. Regarding the site Id and your Broadcom account,  I have created a case and escalated it to the concerned team. You should be getting a response from the team as soon as possible. 

Regards, 
    Heena Tabassum
    Broadcom

• 11.  RE: Activate your Broadcom Account

Posted Apr 30, 2020 11:11 AM
    Same here - in such a confusing time for everyone, why are ALL my users getting an email from you rather than just the admin? Do they really need to activate an account on broadcom if simply a user on Symantec Endpoint? Everyone is so confused -- they do NOT hold Norton Secure Login accounts - only Symantec Endpoint Cloud users!

They were not sent emails about this merger and suddenly now getting "you need to activate" emails -- at such as time as this! Do my users REALLY need broadcom accounts? Can a real person address this? Scrolling through help documents is wasting our time!

• 12.  RE: Activate your Broadcom Account

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 04, 2020 01:17 PM
    Hello,
    Yes this is simply a change from Norton Secure Login (NSL) to Okta - for user authentication.  NSL was used for many things including support, product dashboards, etc. within Symantec.  Simply use this self service tool and https://portal.broadcom.com/web/guest/self-support-portal and update your users accounts or they can do it as well. If you don't think they will ever need to access the product dashboard or access support, and it will all be done by you - then just make sure you have full access via an updated Okta account as well.
    Thank you,
    Amy