Broadcom Customer Care

View Only
  • 1.  Support Portal - How do I search and download Solutions?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 20, 2020 10:43 AM

Solution Search Tips

Product-specific information can be searched from many locations within the new portal.  The search scope is more focused as the user navigates deeper towards the Product page.

1.  From the Mainframe home page, Enter the Solution ID in the search field.  This will search all areas within the Mainframe segment.

The Solution ID searched will be the top Solution result.

2.  Searching from the Product Page provides results specifically for that product.

From Mainframe home, or Product Information, type in the product name in the search field and select it from the list.  This will bring you to the Product Page.

From the Product Page, you can search for product specific information.

Alternatively from the Product Page, by selecting the Support tab, there's a direct link to this product's Download Management page.

To view all Solutions for this product, select the Solution Download tab.

Select the appropriate release.

From here you may search by Solution ID, Component or Keyword.

3.  The Download Management center allows for quick searching and filtering of solutions.   The following is an example of a search to find solutions for a given CA Recommended Service CAR1911. 

The following is a list of solution search keywords can be used to quickly find Mainframe SMP/E PTF solutions.    

Building PTF Solution Carts

It is recommended to use SMP/E Receive Order to submit requests for PTFs and HOLDDATA to a remote server.   The packages are automatically downloaded to your mainframe system. Please find these instructions to configure SMP/E CA Internet Service Retrieval.    

The following steps are required to create a package that can contains required PTF solutions to install using SMP/E.  

1. Select Download Management / Solution List for a given product
    2. Use search filters to find PTF solutions.
    3. Select DATE since last solution applied and click SEARCH

4. Select ADD ALL TO CART or add to cart individually.

5. If ADD ALL TO CART is utilized, the solution cart will contain all solutions since the date selected.  After all solutions have been selected, Select CART on the toolbar.

6. For mainframe products, you will be prompted to build a PTF package that has dependent solutions.   To limit the number of PTFs included in the ZIP file, select the GEN level that you installed.   Then select Checkout.

7. If the build of a complete PTF chain is not available it is recommended that you ADD all solutions to the CART.   It is not recommended that any solutions are deleted from the CART as this can cause the installation to fail.   Only use the Delete to remove any solutions that you know are not required.  Use CHECKOUT to create the ZIP file.

8. The download solution cart ZIP file directly to the mainframe and UNZIP the solutions into a USS directory.   Please refer to the CAUNZIP procedures

If you need any assistance, please contact a CA Customer Care Representative by opening a ticket online, or by calling your local contact number.

Call a Customer Care Representative: CA Contact

Open a Customer Care ticket: Customer Care Request Form

------------------------------
    Regards, 
    Heena Tabassum
    Customer Care Community Admin
    Broadcom

• 2.  RE: Support Portal - How do I search and download Solutions?

Posted Jan 21, 2020 04:11 AM
    @Heena Tabassum, will "https://support.broadcom.com/enterprise-software/download-center" replace the existing CA Automic download and documentation page "http://downloads.automic.com/" ??

• 3.  RE: Support Portal - How do I search and download Solutions?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 21, 2020 04:43 AM
    Edited by Heena Tabassum Jan 21, 2020 04:55 AM
    @Keld Mollnitz

Hi Keld,

As of now, there is no change to the existing CA Automic Download and documentation page. The link: https://downloads.automic.com/ is still active to download Automic Products.

Regarding the availability of Automic Products on our new Broadcom Support Portal - I will check with the team and get back to you. 

Regards, 
    Heena

Regards, 
    Heena Tabassum
    Broadcom

• 4.  RE: Support Portal - How do I search and download Solutions?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 22, 2020 08:12 AM

@Keld Mollnitz

Hi Keld​, 

I checked with the team for Automic downloads, nothing has changed from the old portal. Our team is working on adding the URL: downloads.automic.com to the Support Portal Download page. 

Regarding the KB articles: KB articles can be found by using the Search Bar within the Division or Product Information page available on the Support Portal.

Regards, 
    Heena 

Regards, 
    Heena Tabassum
    Broadcom

• 5.  RE: Support Portal - How do I search and download Solutions?

Posted Jan 21, 2020 04:23 AM
    Hi @Heena Tabassum,
    Where do I find the old CA Automic Knowledge Base Articles page ??
    The link "https://casupport.broadcom.com/product-information-details.html?pname=CA Automic Workload Automation - Automation Engine&d=t&language=en&type=ALL&sortby=daten&page=1&typeofcontent=Knowledge Base Articles​" now redirects me to Support.broadcom.com.